Smart TV question

I have an older Panasonic Smart TV (TC-P42S30.) I have it connected to my home network via ethernet cable. Pandora works very well on it, but the menu system for Amazon is so sluggish that I rarely use it. The lag between key presses seems interminable. Any idea why that might be? I have checked the firmware and I have the latest version (it is a few years old but nothing newer is available.) I love the idea of having Amazon available (and wired) but I wonder if I wouldn’t be better off getting a Firestick and using my WiFi for streaming.

It might be the age of the TV. If you don’t use other apps for comparison (like Hulu and Netflix), it’s difficult to say. Best bet is to order the Fire Stick and just return it if it doesn’t improve the performance. Gotta love Amazon’s return policy.

It’s most likely a problem with the TV’s native app. Panasonic has great PQ but is not known for their smart apps. Try a different streaming device.

I have a Panisonic Smart TV as well. I only used the apps when I first got it, to try them out, but IIRC they were pretty worthless. You’re better off getting a DVD player that can stream Netflix/Amazon or a Roku/Firestick/Chromecast.