Smelly Feet

I have been told that eating spicy foods makes your feet stink. I love spicy foods, my feet stink. Is there something to this, or is it just my natural skepticism/wishful thinking that causes my disbeleif?

Well, I have heard that certain spices cause certain chemical compounds to be released from your body in sweat. I think Garlic is a good example of this. I suppose that certain other foods might have this effect. You could always try a “smell test”.

Add to that the large number of sweat glands in the soles of your smelly feet, multiplied by the bacteria that live in your shoes & raise that result to the 3rd power as indicated by the level of heat & relative humidity in your shoes by the end of the day.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that there are a lot of magnifying factors where feet are concerned.

Check out this thread where we talk a little bit about sweaty feet. I know, you can’t wait.

Maybe that’s only because most people don’t bother bending over to figure out whether it’s your feet of something a couple feet higher? Or maybe it’s because your pants funnel the fumes down into your shoes. :stuck_out_tongue: