Snack foods and candies only in Canada

My fella insists that “Cheezies” are what an American would call a “cheese poof” or a “cheese curl.” That doesn’t seem to jive with the discussion here. What say ye, dopers?

I was under the impression that British Mars bar = US Milky Way. Chocolate, fluffy nougat and a thin layer of caramel.

The US Mars bar, if they still make it, is milk chocolate, fluffy nougat with almonds throughout.

Not sure what qualifies in Canada as a Mars bar.

I have nothin’ on the Canadian snack foods, but reading the title, I was forcibly reminded of something…

cues the band

Where can ya see beavers?
Only in Canada!
Come to Canada, we’ve got beavers!

Where can ya see bullmoose?
Only in Canada!
Got beavers and bullmoose, only in Canada!

Forget Greenland!

Canada…oh, Canada!
Where the loons are,
and the Quebeckers!

Canada, Canada, Canada…o/`

Okay, I’ll stop now…

Cheese puffs are generally lighter and less “gnarly” and hard as one person described “Cheezies”. Cheese curls (or doodles, both terms are used for the generic or non-Cheetos kinds I believe) are hard and gnarly, and have enough cheese coating if you get the right kind to stain your hands and face. I see Cheetos calls them “crunchy” now or just “snacks”, and the lighter variation are still giventhe term “puffs” to show the difference. I’ve had some very good generic cheese curls, but I think I like Cheetos the best when I can afford them.

There are Hawkin’s Cheezies and Old Dutch Cheese Pleesers (these ones are puffs). These are about the only ones I buy, last time I had Cheetos they just didn’t taste the same.

You can get Canadian beer all over the US. In fact, just go into any bar and order a “pond water”.

Do Americans have Christie “Bits and Bites”? They are awesome.

Old joke (to Canadians, at least):

Q: “Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?”
A: “They’re both f*cking close to water.”

the Canadian/British Mars bar isnt the same as a US Snickers because in Britain we have the both the mars and snickers bars (snickers used to be called a marathon bar but the name was changed several years ago to match the american product-I take it the products are the same).

We also have milky ways.

The britsh milk way has white nougat type stuff on the inside and is covered in chocolate, the mars bar has brown nougat type stuff, a layer of caramel and is covered in choloate.

What I meant in my last post was that apparently the reason the old marathon bar was canged to become a snickers was because they wanted the two identical products to have the same name in both the US and UK. And thats why the US Snickers isnt the same asn the UK Mars.

I hope that makes a little more sense.

Certainly not a “cheese poof” but I’ll defer to Zabali_Clawbane on the use of “cheese curl.” Flutterby’s pics are small enough that they’re hard to see, but the poofs are smoothly curled and of constant width, while Cheezies go in every direction and vary in thickness. Cheezies/curls are harder, as I said before, and have enormous amounts of cheese powder. I’ll be looking for “cheese curls” next time I need salty-crunchy things!

British Milky Way sounds like a US 3-Musketeers bar.
Anybody eaten both? Though the 3-Musketeers bar has a light beige nougat, not white. It is definitely lighter than the US Milky Way / British Mars bar, though.