Sneaky jokes in TV shows - not movies

Heh. I’m clearing stuff off the DVR because I was …busy*… and I’ve caught some neat funny jokes.

During Cougartown, (I know, don’t look at me like that) the mother and son character are exploring a possible college opportunity for the son. As they’re walking down a sidewalk, a student stops the mother and asks for the time. Mother replies “It’s 4:20.”

:wink:

(This episode does not air on 4/20)

During **The Middle, **the family is at a company picnic slash 9 YO birthday girl party hosted by Mom’s boss. There is an official “game” going on with teams. Family dad comes by and tells Mom that somebody’s "partner has dropped out of the **cornhole **game and they need to replace them. (This cornhole game comprises of tossing bean bags into a hole on a wooden plank, much like horseshoes. But safer.)

Wow. They snuck that one by. Good job, writers.

Not that I’m extolling my love for ABC writers, but there’s many series that sneak these past censors.

Anybody got anything else? I mean, besides Supernatural. They do that all the time.

Sorry to disappoint you, but in much of the country, “cornholing” is the legitimate name of a game played with bean-bags and a target. Nothing pseudo-sophisticated coastal-elite sniggering about the line in the show.

The Simpsons does this all the time:

“Quick, Nibbles! Chew through my ball sack!”
“Sneed’s Feed & Seed (Formerly Chuck’s)”
“Mmm…sugar walls.”
“Thanks, Mayor Simpson. Because of you, we’re all taking golden showers.”

finger Prince . . .

30 Rock.
It wouldn’t be a Lemon party without old Dick!
Turns out Liz Lemon’s father’s name is Dick.
If it seems obscure - it’s a reference to this.

I was going to say this. Groundskeeper Willy says “pube” in one episode; it’s passed off as a (completely imaginary) Scottish pronunciation of “pub”.

In the very early episode when the family visit the psychiatrist and start giving each other electric shocks, in a couple of frames Marge looks like she’s just come.

I can’t think of any specific examples, but Spongebob is full of jokes designed to go over the kids heads right in to the adults ears. Probably part of the reason it’s so popular is that adults are less likely to change the station if it’s slightly geared towards them.
Nothing sexual/violent/drug related, IIRC in one episode someone was screaming and one of the other characters said he was acting like Roger Dawltry, stuff like that.

Neither of these are “sneaky”. Referencing pot smoking isn’t something that would set off any alarms, short of showing an actual joint. Ever seen “That 70s Show”?

And as said above, “cornhole” is the actual name of the game.

In an episode of Family Guy, Peter built a bar in his basement. He made a sign for it, Ye Olde Pube. Then he reconsidered, and erased an E, so it said Ye Old Pube.

‘My Name is Earl’ was on as people were starting to switch to HD televisions. Because of this, some people were able to see the full breadth of the sets and standard televisions could not. As a result, on more than one occasion, Easter Eggs were placed that only people watching the show in HD could see.

In addition, a few times when Catalina was ranting in Spanish, she was actually speaking to the audience, thanking them for watching.

http://tviv.org/My_Name_Is_Earl/Easter_Eggs

Another Family Guy - Lois drags Peter to some event he doesn’t want to go to, and he agrees, on the condition that “when we get home, I get anal.” After a long pause, he continues, “No matter how neat I want the house, you have to clean it.”

Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In: Judy Carne is walking across the stage and her wig flies up, revealing a flesh-colored skullcap. She says “I’'ve never been bald before.”

The joke went totally pass the censors. After the show aired, the talking heads really got yelled at.

Michael tells G.O.B., “Get rid of the Seaward,” referring to the new boat; Lucille replies, “I’ll leave when I’m good and ready.”
–Arrested Development

Does background stuff count? I liked how, on later episodes of Seinfeld, you’d occasionally see people walking down the street wearing the goofy “Urban Sombrero” that Elaine designed for the J. Peterman catalog. No one ever commented on them.

I don’t get either one of those. Probably some U.S./ British usage issue.
Another one from The Simpsons. Young Ned Flanders as a mischievous child:
“I’m Dick Tracy. Take that Pruneface. Now I’m Pruneface. Take that, Dick Tracy. Now I’m Prune Tracy, Take tha-”

4:20 is the time that pot smokers like to smoke up, because it’s the police code for marijuana possession (“We’ve got a 4-20 down on 10th and Main, requesting backup.”)

Seaward = “C-word” = cunt; and Lucille is their mother, who is generally known as being a bitch.

I have seen this mentioned on the Dope for years, and although I have the dirty mind a 10 yo boy would envy, I don’t get it.

Please help.

If it’s Chuck’s instead of Sneed’s, then change the other words to rhyme with Chuck, keeping the same first letters. I guess.

On an episode of Beavis and Butt-head, Principal McVicker shouts, “for crying out loud!” But it sounds much closer to “fuh crying” than “for crying.” I’m not sure whether this was intentional or not.