Snl 4/11

I checked wiki for a full list of cast.
At first i was going to say Eddie Murphy, but then I saw Robert Downey jr. and theres no contest.
Gilda was not bad looking. Also, Victoria Jackson before she gained all the weight.

It’s not a rerun, fresh show with musical guest Ciara, who hasn’t done SNL before. Timberlake is surprisingly good on the show, so I’m looking forward to it.

No, honestly, the problem is that her characters are not funny. With, perhaps, the exception of Target woman. And honestly, no, she’s not attractive enough to make up for the fact that on a comedy show, she’s a black hole of redundant unfunniness. In fact she ranks at least ninth on a list of most attractive women in the NRFPTP.

Wow, I’m truly baffled by all the poo-poo’s on Wiig. Everyone here seems to think she isn’t funny. I’ll grant that on occasion she is handed crap to work with, but generally she strikes me as being quite versatile and pretty damn funny. Huh.

Someone here summed her shtick up pretty well when they said that she doesn’t know the difference between annoying and funny. I like her impersonations, like the Kathy Lee bit, but her one note laugh-when-I-irritate-you characters like Gilly, lame office worker, one up on you lady, and the rest are horrible across the board in my opinion.

I must be weird, cause i like the ‘oh my god’ character and penelope.

I like Kristen Wiig. When she first started on SNL she came out doing some funny stuff and she’s been in some skits that just make me laugh (the not so identical twins sketch with Amy Adams, for one). Beyond a pretty funny voice, Gilly isn’t that good of a character, the one-notedness(?) gets stretched way too thin during the course of the sketch. Her Kathy Lee Gifford is annoying as well. I do like the one up you lady but they need to come up with a better ending for those sketches than to have LeBron James stammer through a one up you back at her or have Liza Minnelli come in and act dopey.

bitch pleeze…

“What’s scary about Connecticut?”

I cannot believe they thought it would be a good idea to do another “Gilly” skit. The first one absolutely bombed. The audience seemed really uncomfortable. It has to be the last funny character ever.

Is itpossible to think something is really bad yet you can’t help laughing through it, because that’s what happens with “Bitch Pleeze”. I find it really funny, but I want to think iti s really dumb.

The Gilly skit sucks because of Will Forte, who’s the absolute cure for funny.

The graphic announcing the Timberlake show said “May 9” at the top of the screen. A later graphic showed “April 18” and listed “Best of Amy Poeler”.

My take on Wiig is that she does a great job on a lot of characters that I don’t really care for. I’m always hoping for something better because apparently she can perform the material but the material sucks.

I’m not a big fan of Forte either, but Charlie Chaplin and Carol Burnett, both in their prime, couldn’t make Gilly funny.

God himself couldn’t make Gilly funny.

Oh, I don’t know. How about a sketch in which God makes Gilly the deliverer of all of Job’s torments and trials?

Interesting… http://www.bitchpleeze.com/ takes you to the SNL home page.

I thought the bitchpleeze blogger was hilarious. Michaela Watkins, the cast member who plays her, has been doing some good stuff on the show. I think she might be the next breakout performer.

That could work. And honestly, I didn’t mean to understate the power of God.

No worries. I was thinking of God as a purely fictional character/device.

You might like this then :slight_smile:

That character is pretty funny and Michaela can be damn good looking.

http://www.theprankstermovie.com/graphics/Michaela-Watkins.jpg
http://blog.oregonlive.com/ent_impact_performance/2008/11/small_michaela-watkins-snl.jpg