Snow is coming for parts of the eastern US

Thanks for reminding me. :rolleyes:
I don’t mind the cold, and I don’t mind a *little *snow, but this is ridiculous.

I think we got about a foot of snow. I am almost but not quite dug out. I have a very long, very steep driveway and I got to a point where I would pick up a shovel full of snow and slide 5 or 10 feet. I decided I would wait until tomorrow and give it another shot. I don’t need a fall and/or injuries.

We are dug out, but I am debating not going to rehab tomorrow, I can deal with crutches just fine but I am not so certain about adding in the ice and snow. Helga’s House of Pain can wait until next week, my joints have waited several years for physio, another week won’t kill me.

We got 16 inches. I was skeptical that this was going to be a real snowfall, but I can’t actually see my car because of all the snow on it, so I’m going to go ahead and admit this counts as a pretty significant snowfall.

I don’t have a shovel. I have to go into Philly tomorrow, so I guess I’d better go out now and start digging…

I’ve got a question for other dopers who live in NH/ME/VT: does this storm feel wrong to you too? Other places that don’t get much snow got a couple of feet, and we got 4" at most. It’s making me paranoid, like the storm is going to change courses because it realized that it forgot about us, and come back to nail us properly…

Very jealous of you people with 2ft of snow… we got about 3 inches max in my corner of England.

Just for fun… here’s a pic of Sr. Olives standing in the hole left after we dug my car out. We used a broom since we didn’t have a shovel!

I’m about to bundle up and go finish digging. Getting old sucks! I hurt all over from yesterday and still have more to do!

I love being out in the snow. If I lived somewhere that got lots of snow, I would happily volunteer to dig out my neigbours’ paths too. :slight_smile:

We ended up with about 5 inches of snow. I stayed in all weekend- I try not to drive in the snow unless it is absolutely necessary.

And while this is going on in the States, the national news in Canada is showing footage of cars sliding around streets and causing pileups while the newscasters laugh about it.

Yes, we laugh in the face of your storm. Oh Canada AM, you’re so horrible.

Here’s a satellite picture of the blizzard.