So, anyone else tried Whistler (Win XP beta)?

I’m running Windows XP Professional Beta (Build 2428) with IE 6 right now. Gotta say I’m fairly impressed so far. I just installed it today, so I haven’t messed around with it too much.

I love the new System Information thingy (found in Start->More Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Information). It does a damn good job of centralizing most everything you’d want to know about your computer (I don’t know if this feature was in Win 2K or not, so if I’m rejoicing over an old feature, try not to flame me too hard :)).

The new Start menu is pretty snazzy lookin’ too. Green with a lens flare effect in the upper left corner and rounded on the right side. I’m not yet sure if I’m too crazy about the new Start menu layout, though. It does display your recently opened programs, so that’s cool, I guess.

One thing I really dislike about it is the new Windows Explorer. There’s a big blue panel taking up 1/4 of the screen on the left and no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get rid of it. How the hell am I supposed to see all my long filenames? It’s an especially bad hinderence because it pretty much renders a new feature of XP useless - it shows the info from the ID3 tag of an mp3 (i.e. artist, song, album, year of release, etc) in the detailed view.

There’s other stuff I could probably go on about, but I’d like to hear others’ opinions. Tell us what you think, gang.