So anyone here watch/like Big Bang Theory? I just started....oh, who am I kidding?

+1

I thought I was the last person on the planet to start watching.

You can stream the shows from CBS’ website. They put them up the next day and leave them up for a week or so.

Not to be too much of an apologist for the show, but Priya was only in 12 episodes out of more than 200. Emily has been in more episodes (and is way more annoying) than Priya.

I didn’t say anything about disliking Priya. I liked her (until the end of that arc), that’s the problem.

Penny acted like an asshole for most of Leonard and Priya’s relationship. Eventually, Priya started acting like an asshole to justify Leonard breaking up with her and getting back with Penny.

I usually only start shows once they’ve either ended or gotten to a season 9 or 10.
The other show I started watching with it is How I Met Your Mother, which I just finished season one a few hours ago.

+1

I think I’d find it annoying watching the episodes back-to-back. A week between shows gives me a chance to digest what worked and forget what didn’t work.

No, I can’t.

I point again to ‘CTV’.

I ain’t a yank.

All of the episodes are available on line for free:

http://thewatchseries.to/

I’ve been using this site for years and have never had any problems with the links.

Well, there something happening next season which in other sitcoms often leads to the fall of them. Those who have seen the last 4 most recent episodes know what I’m not typing about. BUT, it’s currently season 9 and the casts’ current contracts only go on to season 10. If they’re calling it quits after season 10, what will be happening wouldn’t really make seasons 11 or 12 drag, because they’re not happening anyway.

So, you’re binge watching your way through season 1? Keep with it. There’s a surprise at the end of season 3 that becomes a fairly big game changer in future seasons. And leads to more avenues for humor.

I like it enough to make it appointment TV. It’s not been consistent in its laughs, but I find it enjoyable.

I largely agree with this. There was a period in the middle where it got really, really stagnant, but last season and this season have allowed the characters to grow a bit and it’s really opened up new comedic and storytelling possibilities.

Regarding “How I Met Your Mother”? Binge watch through the third to last episode. Then either don’t watch the last episodes (a two parter called “Last Forever”) or at minimum, wait a week or two before watching it so you can enjoy the show as a whole without the stench of the “What happens to them next?” finale that undermines the entire previous ~85 hours of viewing ruining the show retroactively for you.

I liked it a lot, but Penny cut her hair.

Shallow? :eek: Moi?! :smack:

I’ve always liked it. Like any sitcom, not every episode can be its very best. But I’ll take the probably unpopular stance that it’s better now than it’s ever been. Watching a season 1 episode, I see rough sketches of characters who have since grown into much realer, more relatable people.

Jim Parsons especially has done an amazing job taking Sheldon from a cartoonish collection of OCD and Asperger’s symptoms to a man who sees and understands his own foibles, and tries to make changes in his life accordingly - sometimes succeeding, sometimes not. All without losing the essence of the character, and always remaining funny.

For my money, the relationship between Sheldon and Penny is what really anchors the series. The recent bathroom scene at Sheldon’s birthday party drives this point home.

Actually I’m good with HIMYM up until about the last 10 minutes of the final episode, when the producers decided to. . . well, you know.

I’ve only seen a couple of episodes of HIMYM but I’m curious what was so bad about the ending. Would someone mind spoilering it for me?

Rather than spoil it (and derail this thead entirely), here’s theHIMYM final season thread. The discussion of the finale begins in Post #297. It may not give you every detail about the finale, but it will sure give you a taste of how we reacted to it.

You just described a soap opera, not a sitcom. Once the characters “develop,” they’re no longer funny. Neither are the situations they find themselves in.

Thank you.