So, black hole is racist?.... Really?

Haven’t astronomers determined that at the center of every galaxy there’s a big white dick?

What an ignorant and niggardly attitude.

Stranger

Seconded.
This is considered good press for JWP. This guy is a junkie for attention. This is far from his worst and as noted he’s been at this for years.

I read the same thing about the French, where the phrase apparently has a vagina connotation IIRC.

Which makes the No Hair Theorem somewhat more interesting…

:smiley:

This one writes itself …

When I become Evil Overlord, I will create a system of Rest Homes For The Terminally Stupid, so that they can be taken care of and never have to worry about the big bad world outside their doors. Conversely, the rest of us will not be required to dance around their stupidity.

Of course, being the Evil Overlord, some degrees of excessive stupidity will put the terminal in terminally stupid.

You could toss them in a “black hole”, for example. :smiley:

:dubious: We use the phrase “un trou noir” all the time at work, and I see no one sniggering or giggling. I’ve used the phrase in front of my boss and colleagues and no one’s ever batted an eyelid.

I was born in Blackburn, Lancashire. There were rumours of a campaign to get the name of the city changed.

Big fat juicy :rolleyes:

Perhaps it was only when the term was recently coined. I found this reference with a quick Google.
http://www.crystalinks.com/black_holes.html
“Prior to that time, the term black star was used occasionally. The latter term appears in an early episode of Star Trek, and was still used occasionally after 1967. This is because some people found the term “black hole” obscene when translated into French or Russian, for example.”

I find your ideas appealing, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Also, do you have a need for a Chief Henchperson? If so, I’d be interested in applying for the job.

Wow, that’s some high-level retarded right there.

Truly, Price could use an education on what black holes really are. He can start here.

I heard there are a bunch of holes there. Something like 4000? Are they black?

You’d have to ask someone who’s seen them. Perhaps a certain Mr. Al Hall.

What? No slap down for the other guy who sided with the stupid and demanded an apology? Now that was some brass ball stupid. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the judge really thought Price has a legitimate point, or if his thinking was more along the line of, “Just apologize to him so he’ll shut up and we can move along.”

I say we throw them into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way. Best place for them- there, the galaxy really will rotate around them.

OTOH, then we’d have to orbit around their stupidity, and I’m not sure that’s such an improvement over dancing around it.

J.W. Price does have a point though. Physicists originally accounted for the fact that matter appeared to vanish at the event horizon of a black hole by hypothesizing that it was being stolen by infinitely dense Negroes living inside.

Years later, John Wheeler recieved a Nobel prize nomination for his revised field equations which conclusively proved Einstein’s theory that Mexicans were really to blame.

*Black hole sun

Won’t you come

And wash away the rain

Black hole sun

Won’t you come, won’t you come*

(And the second guy is a judge?)