So, how many wells did Timmy fall down, anyway?

When hiking in known “bear country”, which would be the primary reason a “bear trap” would be in use, it’s always best to hike with a slow running, tasty-looking, friend. just sayin’

I guess that’s true, but to be fair even with people getting caught in bear traps Lassie wasn’t a very exciting show.

Back to the thread Jon Provost, the original ‘Timmy’ wrote a book ‘Timmy’s in the Well: The Jon Provost Story’

So the meme seemed to catch even the people that were involved in the series.

Here is a list of situations Timmy did find himself in.

I don’t get no respect. Why, when I was a kid I was so ugly. . . .

How ugly were you?

I was so ugly I had no friends; my mother hung a pork chop around my neck so the dog would lick me.

Wikipedia:

Other than size, female and male rough collies look the same. There is the smooth-coated collie, but there are males and females in that breed, too.

Gee, maybe that’s typical of dog breeds in general?
:slight_smile:

All except the Transylvanian hound.

Lassie, Schmassie. I always preferred the adventures of Timmy and Halvsie, the Two-Legged Dog.

At the end of the Mad Magazine Flipper parody we see Flipper unzipping the porpoise suit to reveal that he is being played by Lassie. So, same thing.

I never remembered a well either. I remember the old phone, though.

Because this book was published 19 years before the first “Lassie” story was: Lad, A Dog - Wikipedia

I imagine the Australian version of Timmy fell down a few mineshafts…
“Wots that Skippy (squeaky noises), you say Timmo has fallern down a moine shaft”…

You know though I must have watched a gazzilion episodes I have retained no memory of the show but the theme song.