So ... How much cash do you have on you?

$55.29

a $50 bill that I don’t want to break because then it will be gone before I know it, and the remains of a $20 bill that I broke yesterday.

Debit card and 1 credit card. Don’t use the credit card anymore except in emergencies, and I know balance my checkbook so I’ve cut back on the debit card usage.

$49.00 in bills, and $2.71 in coins, including a Sacky. I usually have around $20.00 though. I like to carry enough that I can buy a (small) meal and/or a tank of gas if need be.

In my wallet, I’d rather have a couple of ten pound notes and a fiver, a few pound coins, and small change.

Right now I have a fiver and small change.

$26, a $50 gift certificate (travelers check) that I have inexplicably carried around for MONTHS…

an ATM card, and an AMEX.

I have a Visa for the rare place that does not take AMEX, but I just tend not to go to those places.

$7 and some change I don’t want to dump out and count. I also have an Amex card, debit card and another credit card.

I have my mother’s Costco Amex card so I can get gas. I have her debit card so I can get cash to buy perscriptions and groceries. Come to think of it I have her insurance card too. At some point the contents of her wallet made it’s way into my wallet.

At the moment, I have $6. That whole lack of job and car does cut down on the excess cash I carry around. I don’t really need to, nor could I afford to, so I just have money for lunch for the week.

jessica

77 dollars

That’s why I started this thread. I 've got an ATM card and know how to use it, and I’ve got an ATM in my building at work, so it’s never an issue for me.

But my wife usually never has more that a couple of bucks on her. Unless she’s just been to the bank (no ATM card, she deals with actual people. Go figure). She used to give horse riding lessons which was a cash business, so she used to always carry some spending money. But now she seems to always use her CC, which is fine. But when she needs cash (like today when she called to ask me how much I had so she could pay the neighbor’s kid who’s doing yard work for us), she uses the Duck Bank.

310.50 pesos but I usually carry more than that, I started the day with around 6000. Mexico is mostly a cash economy, especially for common daily transactions.

$3.11

My wife and I have a United Airlines Mileage Plus VISA so we charge everything. Gallon of milk? Charge it. Cup of coffee? Charge it. I use FastTrak for my tollbooths and checks for Price Club; the only thing I can think of I use cash for is some movie theaters, concession stands, and parking meters.

2 or 3 twenties, 3 fives and a little bit of change

They just put some new yummy treats in the office vending machine, I’ve gone through everything that will go in the machine!

I usually get $100 and spend it on small things.

At the moment, a $5 note and a $1 coin. Usually I like to carry about $20, but no more since I’m an impulse shopper.

Since this is more of a poll . . . I’ll move it to IMHO for you.

Cajun Man - SDMB Moderator

327.00 dollars. hmmm, I have the most money in my wallet here? whattamy a crack dealer? MAN I thought that carrying this much cash was NORMAL, I mean really…

Around $100. I don’t have a credit card (it’s part of my student poverty chic) so I normally withdraw $200 at a time.

$245.00 in my pocket and about $500.00 in change in jugs next to my chair. At least that’s how much was in them last time they where this full. Whoo Hoo time to start counting Thanx for reminding me.

$842 in bills in my wallet.
$2.23 in change in my pocket.

I also keep about 4-5 grand cash in my home safe.

I do not like banks, I hate credit cards. Everytime I’ve had an ATM card, when I really needed the money something was wrong with the bank computer systems and I couldn’t get at it. The very last time this happened I took all my non-savings money from the bank the next day. It’s never gone back.

About 15,000 yens ($120 or so). Many shops in Japan don’t take credit cards, and there are very few 24-hour ATMs. (If Japan’s supposed to be such a safe country, why are they so afraid to put 24-hour ATMs on the streets??)

£2.15 GBP and several maxed out credit cards and useless cheque books.

Oh the joys of being a university student, and yes that has to feed me for a week lol! And don’t even ask about the student loan debts lurking in the filing cabinet (bottom drawer, hidden at the back)

Pasta gets so boring after a while!

Merrin

some pocket change which includes two one-dollar golden Sackies.

in folding cash, eleven one-dollar bills…

…all with the words
'TRACK THIS BILL AT WWW.WHERESGEORGE.COM"
written on them in red ink.