So I finally got a DVR...

… and it’s just about the coolest thing ever!

Set to record from the internet - hellz yea! Pause live TV, then fast forward through commercials and still be done with the show before the the next program starts - awesome!

Now, if I could just fast forward through live TV… :wink:

Oh forgot - record 4 shows at once - love it!

Four shows?
Cool!
What make and model is it?

How much did it cost? How much does it cost per month for the vile “subscription”?

I dropped Comcast and signed up with AT&T U-Verse.

Isn’t it great? My wife hasn’t let me watch a show live for years. She likes skipping the commercials.

I personally appreciate the fact that I don’t have to sit and watch some of her shows any more. We tape them and she catches up when I am working late or hanging out with the guys.

DVR’s really are awesome. Set up a season pass for your favorite shows and never have to worry about being home at the right time to watch them. Record multiple shows at once. No fussing about with cassettes.

Pausing and rewinding live TV is one of the things I miss the most about my DVR when I visit my parents, who don’t have one.

My daughter got us a Tivo about 10 years ago, and I can’t imagine being without it. Unfortunately, it no longer knows how to change channels and always goes to channel 4, the city announcements channel, even though it thinks it’s on the correct channel. I guess it’s time to get a new one; there doesn’t seem to be any fix for my problem. The good news is that the new DVRs out can do so much more. I just need to bite the bullet.

Generally, cable DVRs are free upfront with a $10/month subscription. The improvement in quality of life they bring is worth much more than that.

I was a die-hard VCR guy up until a couple years ago. I never saw the point of paying for a DVR, since I could do everything I needed with VCRs. I was so very wrong. The difference is akin to the difference between riding a bike and driving a car. This analogy is more accurate if riding a bike had no health benefit and never got easier because it never got you into shape.