So I was inserting the vaginal contraceptive film....

Contraceptive film?

Pictures of my kids. Oy.

:eek: I’m getting sympathy pains just thinking about it. Owwww!

Your guy: Fixes his loo loo

You: No painful scrapes in your hoo hoo

You: No towel for the goo goo

Both: No chance of a boo boo

OK. So far, from the description of this thing, I’m getting the following mental picture…

Have you ever seen those fly-catchers which consist of a roll of extra-sticky film? The ones you hang from the ceiling? And the ones that, if successful, have about a million flies stuck to them?

Somehow I’m getting the same mental image here. But it ain’t a million flies stuck to the film. Euuuugh.

OK… Basically the contraceptive film is about 2x2 inches and so thin it is slightly transparent. it is made of some type of material that melts against your body heat. it is floppy and somewhat sticky if it gets warm at all.

I hate the mother-fuckers. I bought them to try out. After two tries to stick that thing where it belongs, I just got a very protected finger. (At least it wont get pregnant) I have only successfully been able to manipulate it properly once. I didn’t have the copious goo though.

As for the OP, I find that the hours they give you to contact hair dye companies are rediculous as well. When my scalp feels like blisters are raising on it, I want to talk to the damn Clairol lady. I want her to reassure me dammit! But noooooooo… I ave to dye my hair between 8-5 CST. Yeah right. If I’m dying my own hair (which I wont do anymore) I am usually doing because I can’t get out to get my hair died during those hours. Morons.

Customer Service Rep: Sticky Pads, cause you don’t wanna be a Dad. How can I help you?
Panting Woman: It’s stuck to my fingers and it won’t stay in.
CSR: How many fingers are you using, ma’am."
PW: Well, I was only using one at first, but I had to do something about the pointy edge. . .
CSR: You’re using two fingers, ma’am? Did you read the instructions? Only one finger, ma’am."
PW: But now it’s melted all over my finger. What should I do?
CSR: When’s the last time you pleasured your husband orally, ma’am?

Biggirl, you rule.

LOL, Biggirl.

Contraceptive film?

Wasn’t that the Sex-ed movie I saw with the 60 year old woman explaining what the clitoris was for?
Scary hour of my life.

[/QUOTE]

PW: But now it’s melted all over my finger. What should I do?
CSR: When’s the last time you pleasured your husband orally, ma’am?
[/QUOTE]

BigGirl ROCKS!:cool: But you forgot the obvious next question:
Do you mean Central Standard or Eastern Daylight time?
:rolleyes:

Beware of that fucking film!!! Someone I know (who reads these boards, so cannot name names) used it, according to package directions (extremely careful), and she still got pregnant. That damn stuff does NOT work. yes, this couple waited the alloted time, yes they used it everytime, and yes, a baby was soon conceived. I would like to beat the crap out of the president of that company. If it is not completely reliable, or nearly so, like the Pill, they should not be marketing it as such. Beware!

Hmm. VCF is what I generally use as my backup (I’m on the Pill, but like when I have to take antibiotics, I use VCF), & I’ve never noticed any of the problems that other users have. Are y’all, like, wrapping it around your fingers or something? Pointy edge? You just kind of roll it up, not crease it like you’re doing origami. I think it’s preferable to Encare, which feels unsettingly WARM as it dissolves. It sounds like it would feel nice, but it doesn’t.

& diamud, if you read the packaging, it doesn’t claim to have a success rate equal to the Pill. I think it may actually be under 90%. It is not marketed as being “completely reliable”.

It is marketed at preventing pregnancy. It did not do so. If it is only 90% effective, it should not be marketed as an alternative to the pill. Just my opinion.

I had never heard of this before I read this thread.

Sounds messy & awkward, and I hate those things during sex. Well, maybe messy is ok, but…

Neither condoms nor diaphragms are as effective at preventing pregnancy as the Pill. Should they not be marketed as alternatives to it?

My point is not that anything with an effectiveness rate less than the pill (over 95%–http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/1997/babytabl.html), should be banned as birth control, not at all. My point is that the film is marketed as being a viable alternative to the pill by itself. Condoms and diaphrams do not make that claim. Although the small print inside the box may say it is only 90% effective, it may be even less so, based on anecdotal evidence after talking to other people in my office, including one more person with an unplanned pregnancy, may be even less effective than the claimed 90% or so. Two couples now with unplanned children on the way, lives permanently changed, by not reading the fine print, instead reading the normal print on the package and talking to their druggist. My heart goes out to them.

Mine does too. I’ve been in that situation myself twice. Once was after a condom failure incident. Doesn’t mean I stopped using condoms, though. Of course, it DID mean that I started reading ALL the fine print on any method of birth control I used…

For the record, it’s my understanding that the protection rate of spermicides alone (that includes VCF, foam, Encare, & that jelly stuff) is 80%. The Pill, with typical use, is about 97% effective. It’s a HUGE difference, & I don’t argue that people should be aware of it, but spermicides are still a decent option. & the packaging DOES say that the effectiveness rate is increased if you use it with a condom, but that you can use it by itself, just as condom packaging says you can improve your protection rate by using it with a spermicide.