So - I've started my medical transition last week

Dude (is that still ok?), nothing but best wishes for you and the missus. Good for you for finding your happiness.

I’m GenX, not being called Dude would be weird. Mrs Magill and I are finding our new normal.

A friend of mine transitioned in her early 80s (M to F). She was raised in a very strict, very religious culture in Texas. Being anything but cishet was simply unthinkable, both within her family and her social contacts. It led her through a long, painful and eventually failed marriage and many years of trying to force herself into a way of being that was simply not who she is.

I was very happy for her when she finally realized what the problem was and had the courage to follow through with what she needed to do.

Our society does not make this an easy thing to acknowledge about one’s self, even to one’s self.

@Mollie_Magill, you know I support you in every way. Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and we’re here to help in whatever way we can!