Quick note to the folks who know me IRL: This is not your news to share. I am no where near my social transition at this time.
Last November, I had a life shattering revelation. The long and short of it, is that I realized why I’ve always struggled with mental health issues. I’ve been in counselling for the last several months, and I’m reasonably sure I’m on the right path.
“But Maus,” I hear you say, “I thought you were married, and you enjoy male-coded activities.” To which I say: First, “note the name change”, and second, “I know, right?” That’s part of why it’s taken so long for me to figure out. I have a mild dysphoria, and it never really consciously bothered me… until it did.
Thanks to counselling and that I’ve been thoughtful about every step I’ve taken, I feel like I’m in a good place. Mrs Magill is aware, and we’re still planning on staying together for the long haul.
So what’s with this thread? I’ve been on the board for twenty-three years, and I figured you all should know. Also, if someone on the board is struggling and the were to see that they’re not alone, maybe they’ll be helped by this. Based on my reception in the MMP, I’m anticipating a mostly positive reaction. We are the smartest and hippest people on the internet, plus a few total dipsticks.
I guess this is an AMA thread, but be prepared for a lot of “I dunno.”
Disclaimer: I do not claim to speak for the trans community, just for my own experience.