[QUOTE=CookingWithGas]
I must say that although the OP has done some annoying things in other threads, it looks like he is being jumped on here without proper provocation. The point of the title coupled with the story at the link was clear to me, though possibly with too great an economy of expression. At most I might have asked: “I thought Arthur was a legend. This article says otherwise. What’s the Straight Dope?” The boad is filled with such brevity. A gentle suggestion might be in order, but I think a rebuke from a mod is overkill.
Also, if everyone used Google and other online resources skillfully and exhaustively before posting to this forum, there would be damn few threads. Half the fun here is in the discussion that ensues, not just the dry, scholarly answer.
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you should join us in this pit thread if you wish to continue the discussion. It might give you an understanding of some of the apparent hostility.
Jim
