So Steven Spielberg finally gets his film degree

Spielberg will graduate from Cal State with a major in film and electronic arts. He had dropped out decades ago.

Good for him, of course. How can he ever make any money without one?

From the article,

What would it be like to be a film professor grading Steven Spielberg’s film projects? "Well, I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to fail you for A.I. … but Schindler’s List was a good counterbalance, so let’s settle on a B-. And you really do need to branch out a bit and get past this Nazi fixation of yours. Indiana Jones – three of those movies, no less! – and Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan and Jaws … "

“But Jaws wasn’t about Nazis!.. oh, wait, I see the analogy.”

Or maybe he just did the minimum amount of work necessary to get a passing grade. He looks like a slacker. Indiana Jones 4 is scheduled for 2004, 15 years after the last one. FIFTEEN YEARS. I doubt I could stretch an incomplete grade from a professor that long. You know he was out every night at a keg party lighting his farts on fire, and drunkenly boasting that he’s so famous he could make a film about drunken directors lighting their farts on fire and it’d STILL get an Academy Award.

Heck, I’d pay $8 to see that.