[QUOTE=RickJay]
Incidentally, it was “The Generation 25 and Under,” in 1966.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I’m over 50 now, and careening towards senility … ![]()
[QUOTE=RickJay]
Incidentally, it was “The Generation 25 and Under,” in 1966.
[/QUOTE]
Well, I’m over 50 now, and careening towards senility … ![]()
Wow! As a middle-class American woman who was under 25 in 1966, that makes this my fourth win! What do I get??? (Hmmmm. I didn’t get anything the other three times. I think I see a trend.)
[QUOTE=mobo85]
Why not You? You, as a whole, have been able to control entertainment now more than ever. The main reason You was (were) chosen was because of Time 2006 Invention of the Year- YouTube, which shows that now more than ever, You are able to create your own entertainment and/or web content rather than some large corporation. This message board is perfect proof of this. So why not You?
[/quote]
Because the vast majority of “You” did none such things. The vast majority of “You” just sat there and watched it happen.
Me? Wow.
I wonder who I had to blow to get that honor…
So, is the cover of this week’s magazine going to be a mirror?
I’m so honoured! sniff, poses for the cameras
So who will be adding this award to their resume/CV ?
[QUOTE=NaturalBlondChap]
So who will be adding this award to their resume/CV ?
[/QUOTE]
It’s already there.
I’m disappointed, I was hoping that it would be The Tron Guy.
[QUOTE=freckafree]
Wow! As a middle-class American woman who was under 25 in 1966, that makes this my fourth win! What do I get??? (Hmmmm. I didn’t get anything the other three times. I think I see a trend.)
[/QUOTE]
If you get it one more time I think you get to go on SNL with Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Alec Baldwin and Paul Simon.
I have already composed a strongly worded letter letting TIME know that this in no way makes up for the glaring omission of me as the Sexiest Man Alive.
[QUOTE=RumMunkey]
So, is the cover of this week’s magazine going to be a mirror?
[/QUOTE]
Yep.
[QUOTE=astorian]
Me? Wow.
I wonder who I had to blow to get that honor…
[/QUOTE]
I thought your breath smelled funny…
[QUOTE=twickster]
Yanno, this is actually the second time I’ve won. (Back in the late '60s, they gave it to “People under 30,” which I was at the time.)
[/QUOTE]
I also got it that one year when I was Hitler.
When I heard it I thought they must’ve gotten to like December 10 and said “Crap!! It’s the end of the year!! Who do we pick!!?”
But then I got stuck on the question “Who should have gotten it instead?”
Frankly, I’m still pissed off that they didn’t even ask for my permission. I don’t need that kind of public scrutiny right now, y’know?