So, what did I get Mrs Piper for Christmas?

Very impressive!

Well, it’s what I got my wife, and I didn’t want to take any chances on the wood warping.

I can play the cat! He’s not too crazy about that, though.

I got Mr VOW a very boring pair of shoes. Christmas kind of hit me over the head this year. I promised (vowed, maybe) to start shopping for next Christmas on January first.
~VOW

I can play the radio! :smiley:

There’s no buying a gift for Mr.Wrekker. He has too much stuff as it is. He likes to breakfast at a little Diner between here and his lakehouse. All the old guys hang out there talking fishing and hunting. I got him a gift certificate(no giftcards at this place). He can go eat a few breakfast on my dime. Helps him, helps me. Win Win!

Same continent, different worlds!

When they find you dead with a mop handle wrapped around your noodle, you should be aware there ain’t no jury which would convict.

I ain’t afraid to admit that I never would have guessed it was a cello.
But folks, now I have an extremely important question for all the rest of you:
If you bought a cello for your spouse, would you be able to hide it in your house or apartment?

'Cause, me, I live in a small place with a kitchen, two bedrooms, and a carport outside.
My wife would notice unusual occupants in our abode. And so would the cat…

I ain’t no classical musician, but I know that a cello is smaller than a bass, and bigger than a breadbox. Now, a breadbox is something I could hide… in a closet on a high shelf–maybe.
But a cello? No way.

Oh, and I suppose that it’s a good thing Ms. Piper doesn’t play the kettle drums. :slight_smile:

The Piper Cub talks about wanting to learn the drums. :eek:

I started out on the drums, until my teacher told my mom it was time for me to get a big-ass (LOUD) drum set. Mom said NO WAY, but I could switch to any other instrument. One of my cousins had a used violin, so I got that.

In the loving spirit of Doper Christmas, I’d say you’re nothing but a goddamn liar.

Hey! A good mop is pricey. I like a good cleaning implement. But, I’m a bit odd. YMMV, Chefguy. Just sayin’
ETA-a old ratty teeshirt does all kinda things to me. :wink:

You’d love my wardrobe, and I use the term very loosely. Right now, I’m wearing a 10-year old Full Sail tee that I bought at the brewery. The neck is all loose and there are paint spatters all over the front, along with a few holes.

Yeppers - I LOVES me some classical cello. Encourage your wife to check out Mike Block’s lessons on Artist Works. One woman in my group plays mando and “bluegrass” cello. Really wonderful to combine the melodious cello bowing w/ percussive chopping! And get her a Blockstrap to get her up outta the chair! :wink:

Well, it’s 8:15 in SK! You give it to her yet?

Yes, I wanna know how it went. Was she surprised?

She loved it! Not really surprised, because she’d heard about the co-worker wanting to sell, but just a bit disbelieving. Sat gently strumming the strings with a smile.

I tend to concur with our antipodean colleague. :smiley:

Great news! It sounds like she is very happy with her gift. Will she begin lessons soon?

Glad to hear it! I’m sure even her beginning playing will be more euphonious than your bagpipe caterwauling. (Sorry, but cello vs bagpipes, cello wins.)

StG

Has there been any music written for cello and bagpipes?