So what do you think Me and Julio did down by the schoolyard?

Guess we’ll have to find a library that has old issues of Newsweek.

The were obviously smuggling Diamonds in Rosie’s shoes.

Diamonds? In the soles of her shoes? Inconceivable!

I’m not telling. And neither is Julio, if he knows what’s good for him.

Well, whatever it was, it was pretty bad; everyone else involved is probably on a Train in the Distance by now. Julio can take it, though - he’s a real rock. Maybe even an island.

Song references aside, when listening to this song recently, I heard one word that could be taken a couple ways. Mama could have run to the “corner” station or the “coroner’s” station, which really changes the whole song. Looking up the lyrics, it’s down as “police” station, which I don’t hear at all. Them being gay is something that never occurred to me, but it makes the most sense.

They were eating chicken and eggs at a Chinese restaurant.

It’s always been “Police Station” as long as I’ve known. Sung as “Po-Lice” with the accent on the first syllable.

I always assumed that
*And when the radical priest
Come to get me released
We was all on the cover of Newsweek
*refers to some Daniel Berrigan/Catonsville Nine sort of deal–the more we hear about the narrator and Julio, the more expansive their list of crimes becomes. It was the “yadda yadda yadda” of Corona.

Unfortunately, all the evidence was destroyed when Billie Joe threw it off the Tallahatchie bridge, so we may never know.

I think it was A Bridge Over Troubled Water.

I think the fact that we don’t know what they did makes it a better song. It’s like Marcellus Wallace’s briefcase in Pulp Fiction - would it be better if we knew what was in it?

Yeah, I heard that Quinten looks down and spits on the ground every time that briefcase gets mentioned.
mmm

don’t worry, Jesus loves them more than you can say…hey…hey…hey.

Guess that depends on what’s in it.

At 59th Street.

3am.

They were listening to an Art Garfunkel 8-track.

I suspect that what went down in the schoolyard has been written on the subway walls

Well, it was bound to be a better ride than what you had planned.

Yeah, well, who am I to blow against the wind?