So what if Roe v. Wade is overturned?

Link that includes the full draft of the ruling,

Most disturbing, and frightening, sentence that puts at risk not just abortion but every right we have,
“… Even though the Constitution makes no mention of abortion, …”
Really? Is that how you think Constitutional rights work Alito?

I hope that all states that are for women’s reproductive rights boycott all those that aren’t. Personally, the south is dead to me. Once my parents pass I’ll never step foot in any of those “shitholes” again (to quote a certain personage). Nor will I buy from any business that HQs itself down there. Enough is enough. These fucks have been fighting the Civil War since 1865. We are a country first, a collection of states second. Done.

It’s not just southern states – Ohio and Michigan are among those states where abortion will be illegal the moment Roe is actually overturned, I believe.

Rights that are not explicitly stated in the Constitution:

• Government-paid defense counsel in criminal cases
  • Public accommodations not segregated by race, sex, or gender
  • Interracial marriage and same-sex marriage
  • Free access to contraception
  • The right to choose to engage in any type of sex with any type of person, including oral or anal sex, sex outside of marriage, any kind of non-straight sex

The only quibble I have is your fourth point should probably read “Legal access to contraception”. I think that’s what you meant, but it looks like you’re saying that contraception should be paid for.

Would you watch a Disney movie if they moved everything but the park from Florida, simply because of the massive work that such a relocation would involve?

“free” meaning free of restrictions

Which states are overwhelmingly likely to ban abortion if Roe is overturned:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/styles/scale_900x720/public/images/scotus_landing_page_map_26_states.png?itok=vPhcOB5n

The source page, and list, for those who got a B- in Geography :wink:

Disney is actually HQd in California.

But it can’t be! Justice Kavanaugh said it wouldn’t be so!

Full Title: Clips of Sen. Susan Collins saying Justice Kavanaugh sees Roe v. Wade as ‘settled law’ are circulating after report indicates Supreme Court appears poised to roll back abortion rights

Ah, if that were the only lie he told during the confirmation process.

Well, shoot. :flushed:

Hypothetically?

Even if Kavanaugh were to dissent, wouldn’t there still be five votes to overturn Roe?

For those interested (this is the complete statement):

Pelosi, Schumer Joint Statement on Reported Draft Supreme Court Decision to Overturn Roe v. Wade

MAY 2, 2022 PRESS RELEASE

Washington, D.C. – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer issued this statement following media reports of a draft Supreme Court decision overturning the landmark Roe v. Wade ruling:

“If the report is accurate, the Supreme Court is poised to inflict the greatest restriction of rights in the past fifty years – not just on women but on all Americans.

“The Republican-appointed Justices’ reported votes to overturn Roe v. Wade would go down as an abomination, one of the worst and most damaging decisions in modern history.

“Several of these conservative Justices, who are in no way accountable to the American people, have lied to the U.S. Senate, ripped up the Constitution and defiled both precedent and the Supreme Court’s reputation – all at the expense of tens of millions of women who could soon be stripped of their bodily autonomy and the constitutional rights they’ve relied on for half a century.

“The party of Lincoln and Eisenhower has now completely devolved into the party of Trump. Every Republican Senator who supported Senator McConnell and voted for Trump Justices pretending that this day would never come will now have to explain themselves to the American people.” SOURCE

It’s hard to say. Would you boycott Tyler Perry movies if they don’t move their studios out of Atlanta?

I would count how complicit or how opposed a company is to the policies their state has imposed on my feelings towards them.

That makes sense. And I’ve never seen a Tyler Perry movie but I’m a lifelong Marvel fan, so it’s a serious issue for me! :grin:

Interesting:

Then they too would be dead to me. From among the blue states I can do all my shopping quite nicely,