So what's up with these 'Proud Boys', anyway?

Proud Boys, are being considered for ‘terrorist extremists’ classification in Canada.

I saw somewhere that they were all wearing blaze orange knit caps, something easy to not be wearing when convenient.

Completely ignoring all the inevitable images of them with the their hats on sounds about right for the dumb clucks.

Are you sure they’re not oceanographers?

Never mind!

And they’ve been added to Canada’s list of terrorist groupes:

And to think they’re way more fucking worse than any al-Qaida or ISIS groups.
They’ve owned that shit, too. The quintessence of scumbaggery.
Zero fucking quarter for them.

Are you sure they are worse? Because ISIS forces women into sexual slavery and burns people alive. That’s a pretty high bar to clear.

Maybe for lack of opportunity (and to get away with it). Certainly not for lack of desire.

Both for women and for killing people in horrific ways if their own rhetoric is to be believed - and they have given every sign they do hold those beliefs.

I mean - what can you really say about people who openly wear shirts that declare “6 Million Weren’t Enough”? That’s not exactly the warm and fuzzies.

Giving Guest-starring_Id the benefit of the doubt, I’m taking that as meaning the Proud Boys are a greater threat to Americans than ISIS or al Qaida, which I agree with. But they haven’t reached quite the same level on the worst-ever scoresheet as some other terrorist organizations.

I kind of see it like saying a person is worse than Hitler. Not because of what they’ve done, but if that person was Chancellor of Germany in the 30s things would have been even worse. It’s nothing you can ever really prove or disprove, because it’s so speculative.

Yes, that’s the case, thank-you. (not sure how I missed the notification to respond earlier)
Indeed, PB won’t ever resort to the grotesque extremes of ISIS or al Qaida (nor doubtfully ever pull off anything remotely close to a 911-level event), but ‘going forward’ (gawd I hate phrase - sorry, folks) I would bet my entire inflatable Chet Huntley collection that the DonStroud Boys will be a much more visible t-e-r-r-o-r-i-s-t threat (along all the militia / boogaloo /all-out-loser camp) than ISIS or al Qaida in the US.
And I truly fear journalists will become targets.

and the police

Social media posts by a Washington state member of the Proud Boys arrested Wednesday indicate that he and others were planning in advance to organize a group that would attempt to overwhelm police barricades and breach the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, U.S. prosecutors alleged. Ethan Nordean, 30, and others appeared motivated in part by what they perceived to be an insufficient police response to the stabbing of one of their members who attended a December pro-Trump demonstration in D.C., the FBI said in charging papers.

Nordean later continued, “The police are starting to become a problem,” adding in frustration, “we’ve had their back for years,”

After the breach, Nordean continued, posting the caption “if you feel bad for the police, you are part of the problem . . .” with a photo of a U.S. Capitol Police officer dosing rioters with pepper spray.

That they have already played and burned their ‘back the blue’ card is, at least, a small thing to be thankful for.

Except for those members that are blue.

Apparently Ethan Nordean lives in the same town that I do.

Ugh. :disappointed:

Not the greatest choice of sources on this - not sure exactly where Sky News stands on what appears to be more of a brief messaage, here, than an article…

Video seems to be an overview; not till 8:30 do we see doofus, above, FWIW.

“There will be more violence”. Pretty much the definition of “terroristic threats”, no?

Or Republican talking point.

It really is hard to tell them apart these days.