So who in the MCU are still technically "Avengers" at this point? Does the "The Avengers" still exist as a team?

Pretty much. But even with my limited knowledge of the source material, I know that’s how the comics work.

Oh, I forgot, there is also a possibility of Power Girl? (not too sure about this one) and Iron Heart (Iron Man like hero), they go with Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl. They were all Junior or Young Avengers in a fairly recent cartoon series.

I think that’s the DC character with the boob window costume.

I was totally confused, I was thinking of America Chavez. Not even remotely close.

Power Girl showed up in a few episodes of Young Justice. That is the only place I know her from.

I do think they’re working towards Young Avengers with Ms. Marvel, Yelena, Kid Hawkeye, Wanda’s kids, and America. Maybe Stature (Ant-Man’s daughter.) Who knows about Hulkling and Patriot? And I think Moon Knight is sadly going to be standalone. At least as Oscar Isaac.

Moon Knight never stands alone. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ahhh, that’s the "Avengers Classic."

Then there’s New Avengers, and Diet Avengers, Caffeine-Free Avengers, Cherry No Sugar Avengers, and Ginger Avengers (Orig. Widow, Jean Grey, Medusa, Ghost Rider… and special guest Jimmy Olsen!).

The original Avengers in the comics were Iron Man, Ant-Man, Hulk Thor and Wasp. Captain America didn’t jump on board until issue #4.

Nick Fury is still around and will be appearing in The Marvels and Secret Invasion.

I’m curious if the whole “multiverse” storyline culminates in some Avengers-level event or if it will get wrapped up with Dr Strange 2 and Ant Man and Wasp 2.

The original Avengers were like the original Justice Society of America, a way to give characters who weren’t the lead figure in a comic a headline roll in another title. Hulk had been cancelled and the others had to share books. After few years, they brought in ex-villains like Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver. Then things got weird.

Finally someone at the top got this incredible original idea. Hey, what if… hear me out here… what if we put our most popular characters into one book. What, DC did that with the Justice League of America back in 1960? Well, I thought of it first. In 1959. When I was six. Let’s do it.

Ever since, the Avengers have been a brand. Not a group, a brand. For a while there were as many varieties of Avengers as of Coke. Avengers is still a brand. Coke learned the hard way that you can have as many varieties of Coke as there are emojis, but nobody messes with the original.

My guess is that the MCU sees that the Avengers have four of the top 12 worldwide grosses in movie history. They might extend the brand with Young Avengers etc. but there will always be an Avengers that brings together every big name. Sure, they’ll add a few rookies trying to make the squad, but if not tomorrow then within a decade, there will be a new Tony, a new Bruce, a new Peter, a new T’Challa, a new Thor, and whatever women have recently had high-grossing solo turns. They’ll be The Avengers. Period.

Nah, the Avengers’ whole deal is the constantly revolving line up. They’re more Menudo than Pink Floyd.

Heck, three years ago I saw the Cleveland Orchestra, and the original members have all been dead for decades.

Shang-Chi and his Girlfriend were recruited by Wong at the end of their movie, and were “confirmed” by a Hulk-free Banner and Capt. Marvel. Then they went to a karaoke bar with Wong. They’re definitely Avengers.

Sequel title!

Ugh!

Stranger

I’d say it’s more like considering Wood a legit Rolling Stone, IMO. Falcon, Ant-man, Spider-man have been there long enough even if they wasn’t there for the first team-up.

IMO, anyone who was in the team for Infinity War is a legit Avenger and can get the decoder ring and coffee mug.

What do you have against karaoke?

You know, that’s not that different from issue #100 of the first Avengers comic book, which featured an appearance by everyone who had ever been considered an “Avenger” up to that point (including The Swordsman, who barely qualified).

Barry (Windsor) Smith, who got stuck with pencilling the issue, hated having to do so, because he had to research how to draw so many characters he’d never heard of, or cared about.

I’d pay to see Ronnie Wood perform but if Jagger and Richards aren’t on stage with him, it ain’t The Rolling Stones. Sure, Falcon, Ant-Man, and Spidey are Avengers. Paul McCartney is a Beatle. Ringo is a Beatle. But Paul and Ringo are NOT The Beatles.