"So You Think You Can Dance"

And I think someone said something about two hours? 8-10, I guess, given Fox news at 10.

Very true. I definitely think the whole tone of the piece was just far too depressing to audition with. I’m all for expressing oneself through dance, but express a little happy when you’re trying to impress people, would you?

I thought sweaty girl was pretty good, but she should’ve worn black.

“And now for my big finale, here’s my wet crotch right in your face.” :smiley:

Sweaty girl was hot.

My favorite was the Asian girl until she started crying. Hilarious AND she was having fun, winking at the judges. I like that kind of ‘I suck, but I don’t care’ attitude.

She should have just stuck with acting completely out of touch with reality instead of doing the whole crying thing. Bah, that’s my problem with ‘America’s next top model’ too, quit crying already! And yet I still watch them both…

Talent wise - I liked the ‘six step’ group. They were so fun to watch and were really good!

I agreed with the judge–campy, but fun. But why oh why didn’t she change her clothes before she went on??

I find the show remotely entertaining, but only watch it because it’s on right after Bones and I’m too lazy to change the channel. :slight_smile:

First hour is a rerun of last night. Sigh.

BTW – the British chick interviewing auditioners – am I supposed to know who she is?

Boy, Mary was quite bitchy tonight. Made me almost lose any desire to watch that remained after seeing the vomit ad infinitum.

I liked the steak guy. I would have liked to see him do the choreography.

Why was everyone fawning over bra/falling-down-capris girl? She bored me to tears.

Enough of the bad dancers already.

Those asshole judges probably ruined that one guy’s career with their remarks. Yes, he was bad, but if people liked the way he danced and didn’t mind paying him to teach them, why should it bother the judges?

Well, next week’s episode is advertising injuries. That’s good TV!

I got the feeling that Simon only said that to be a dick. :smiley:

According to her bio page she’s known in the UK; I guess they’re trying to “break” her here.

I missed the Thursday episode: were their comments worse than the usual “you shouldn’t be teaching dance” stuff? Because I have no problem when they say that to crappy dancers – IMO they shouldn’t be allowed to teach others their bad technique/habits!

Damn. Whooshed by some asshole on a reality show. :smack:

And from the bio you linked:

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve only seen two episodes so I’m not sure what they usually say. But in this episode, they were going on and on about how this guy was stealing from his students and he should give the money back. If they had left it at one comment then sent him on his way, it wouldn’t’ve been to bad. But it’s like they were lecturing a naughty child for stealing candy.

Only saw a few snippets of this so far. My mother’s a big fan of dancing, so I guess I’m going to become at least a fairly regular viewer soon.

In all honestly, I’m probably going to like this better than American Idol. The overall talent level looks a lot higher, and we haven’t even reached the actual competition yet. Once the contestants start really putting it all on the line, it’s going to be good. Also, there’s a big difference between a lousy dancer and a lousy singer. The former is at worst boring and occasionally funny; the latter is just irritating.

I really don’t like how jerkish the judges are being. People, this is the preliminaries. There are going to be lots of hopeless cases that need to be weeded out. That’s the whole point. I don’t need to hear a 90-second tirade for each and every damn reject, okay? Yes or no, it’s that simple. Sheesh. And who the hell wants to be seen as a Simon Cowell ripoff, anyway?

On the balance, this has the potential to be entertaining, which, frankly, I’m a little impressed by. Guess I’ll find out soon enough.

Anyone know wha the prizes are?

I just watched a few clips on YouTube, and I have to wonder if Sex was a put-on. Like he did it on a dare, and intended to be ridiculous, or he’s a DJ somewhere doing it as a stunt or something? I mean when you take his hideous dancing, plus the name, plus the outfit…? Surely he wasn’t for real??

The video of the guy whacking his head has me twitching and it’s been 30 minutes since watched it. Did he break his nose??

I missed it this week, but if anyone caught last week’s “stage puker”, I think you’ll agree that the judges were beyond mean. They were downright cruel. I just don’t enjoy them picking on the people who are truly delusional about their talent (which this and some other dancers were). I can kinda pick out the ones who knew they sucked and just wanted their five minutes of fame. But the ones who are a little off the beam? Sorry. I don’t see the humor.

Other than that, I think I saw two dancers who could cut a rug professionally. Oh…and a few breaker/poppers, but they were oversaturated with that. I got tired of it after the first dozen did their thing.

I saw that the puke thing was on YouTube, but being squeamish I didn’t watch it. Can someone tell me, in non-vivid terms, what happened?

Well, she started out just fine, but kind of worked herself into a frenzy, from what I could tell. I think it was nerves. But she was dressed like an 80s remnant of the Madonna years, which turned the judges off. She was rather heavy…definitely not a dancer’s body type, and she was terrible. They ripped her up one side and down the other, and the whole puking thing was just humiliating. The judges played it up rather than politely ignoring the elephant in the room. It was painful to watch.

Well I meant can someone explain what “the puking thing” was. What did she do? All I know is that “something happened and the word puke has been mentioned”.