SoCal Dopefest?

Orange County is closer for folks in the San Diego area. In the greater LA area, it is hard to find a spot to please everybody. But other spots were being considered (see my post listing possibilities) - if people want to vote for Los Angeles or Santa Monica they should make their voices heard by voting in the Dopefest thread.

That’s fine, I don’t mind waiting for another one. Is there some other Dopefest thread I should be watching?

No, I meant this one - people could have voted for an LA location in this one. Maybe they did and I missed it.

14th is good for me as far as I know. I just got the approval from my boss to take off the weekend that includes the 27th.

Could I show up and be awed by everybody’s awesomeness again?

I am always willing to awe with my awesomeness. :wink:

Sweet!!

Hell yes!

ETA: You need to control your addiction to this place. You are up to 49 posts in only 9 years.

Yes, but most of those are in the last year. I think I’ve upped my average to .02 posts per year.

This is my 50th. Wooohooooo!!!

Bumping so nobody forgets over the next ten days.

Huh…totally missed this…gotta see if I have the time for it.

So is it Rick’s car we’re taking down there?

Probably. PM him to make sure.

:::Sigh:::
Yeah I am driving.

Actually the above it a joke. I enjoy driving and I love good conversation with other dopers.
Send me a PM and tell me where you live and where we can meet. STG and I usually meet somewhere off the 405 near the 118, or off the 101.
Assuming you live somewhere not far off there and the orange curtain, we can swing by and pick you up. If you live out in the south 40 we will pick a neutral location to meet.

OK, I really want to go, but not sure about transportation. If I could carpool with someone, I would be happy to pay for gas. I live in Norwalk, right by the 605 freeway between the 5 and 105.

And I’m going to miss this again?

Rick - you have to call me that night and let me let off some of my jackbooted anger towards the assembled masses. I can’t stand it anymore.

Seriously - I’d love to talk to you guys - even if it is on the speakerphone.

Bumpty bump bump.
It’s the 14th right?
Are we decided on the Yardhouse in Newport? Or do I just drive around with a car full of dopers…

Yes, I think so- time?

I will be coming down from L.A. on the 5, so I should be passing right by. PM me if you want.

Date: Sunday 14 June 2009
Time: does everyone like 14:00 (2:00 PM)?
1875 Newport Boulevard, Costa Mesa, California 92627
Phone: (949) 642-0090
Restaurant website
Google Maps

People that had expressed interest originally:
EJsGirl, Silver Tyger Girl, Tio Gringo, scout1222, Dr. Drake, Lucky 13, NAF1138, tr0psn4j

People that have confirmed their attendance since my last post:
scout1222, Rick, Lucky 13, tr0psn4j, Silver Tyger Girl, Antinor01, ctywkr, Dr. Drake

maybe: Yeticus Rex

Last time we had it around 14:00 (2:00 PM). Shall it be the same time?

I can go ahead and make reservations under the name Cecil Adams. Make sure you RSVP by Friday! IM and/or e-mail your SoCal friends.