Sock-Sock-Shoe-Shoe or Sock-Shoe-Sock-Shoe?

slipper-slipper-glasses-bathrobe-breakfast-computer-remove slipper-remove slipper-remove glasses-remove bathrobe-shower-towel-drop towel-sock-sock-glasses-bathrobe-computer-remove bathrobe-underwear-pants-shirt-shoe-shoe-hair gel-keys-wallet-cell phone-laptop-gotta honey love you see ya tonight smooch

Unless it’s the weekend. Then I’m pretty much this guy.

Sock, sock, shoe, shoe (r, l, r, l)
Except this morning I went sock, shoe, sock, shoe. As I was doing it, I was thinking of how strange it was. I almost took them off and started over. Then got to work and read this post. How is it all related? I have not idea!

I was a sock-sock-shoe-shoe girl.

And then I had a varicose vein treatment on one leg(only have them in one leg, go figure)…so now it’s sock- sinlge support hose-shoe, shoe.

Sometime later, since it is 90+ freaking degrees here (in June!)–it is rip off support hose, find remaining sock-shoe…

From the original thread posted by Liberal, this:

is hi-larious.

:dubious:
Your kung fu is weak.

Mike was putting on his socks & shoes sock-shoe-sock-shoe. Archie pointed out that this was wrong; if the house caught fire halfway through and he had to run out in the cold, he’d have both socks on and his feet would stay warm. Mike countered that if it was raining, Mike could hop on one shoed foot and stay dry.

So, putting them on sock-sock-shoe-shoe wouldn’t annoy Archie; that’s just what he wants you to do!

Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck duck goose.

Socks, then shoes.

I hate feet, so I’m almost always wearing socks, but I only put shoes on if I’m leaving the house. So socks first.

Ethilrist wrote

:smiley: I confess I have not seen this show since it originally aired in the 70s, and ask that you please excuse an imperfect memory. I shall now stand proudly as someone who shares some of the opinions of Archie Bunker (at least when it comes to donning footwear).

Despite my error, this was one of the few sitcom moments from my childhood that made a (somewhat) lasting impression. Others would include Felix Unger’s courtroom explanation of why we should never assume anything, and Jim Ignatowski asking about the meaning of yellow traffic signals.

I’m curious about all the other things y’all say you put on tho… what are these “pants” I keep reading about?

You are so right about that. And they’re black knee socks, too. (Sorry for the visual.)

We were playing Outburst at a family reunion and the answer was “underwear”, but you couldn’t say boxer, briefs, etc. He just looked at me at said, “After socks.” I laughed so hard I cried and then had to explain to all the cousins DeHusband’s odd dressing habits. He’s still a bit miffed with me.

Sock-underwear-pants-sock-sock-shoe-shoe.

right sock-left sock-other stuff-left shoe-right shoe

Oh… That’s why I have to buy so many new socks.

All these years I’ve been a shoe, shoe, sock, sock kind of guy.

sock sock shoe shoe

which seems to be the consensus, based on my very quick skim through the thread.

NO, NO, No!

shoe shoe sock sock

IOW Who’d care a rat’s patootie’s?

DAQ=SAR

Underwear, bottom garment, top garment, left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe. I am amused by people who put on their socks before their other clothes. I do arrange my hair while I still have my bathrobe on, though.

Sock, sock, t-shirt, underwear, pants, shoe, shoe, overshirt.

Don’t ask me why I put my socks on before my underwear. I don’t know either, and ‘Little Tripler and the Twins’ don’t seem to complain. . .

Tripler
My tootsies, however, have to have their socks.

I go barefoot in the apartment and I grab my shoes on the way back to the bedroom so I can go sock-shoe-sock-shoe when it’s time to go.

I never, NEVER, wear anything on my feet at home, so just before I leave the house, it’s sock-sock-shoe-shoe. Then as soon as I get home, it’s shoe-shoe-sock-sock.

My ex, by the way, was suck-suck, so-so. Which only begins to explain why he’s my ex.

Shock shock sue sue

I has a whacked out ex-fiancee that, I kid you not, did:

Pantleg, sock, shoe, pantleg, sock, shoe, stand, pullup.

Wierd.