Soft Money Problem?

While watching the news last night, I saw a graphic that really astounded me. In this years Presidential election cycle, so far 58% of the contributions to the Republican camp represent “hard” money with the remaining 42% “soft”.

It was also reported that the Democrats had “nearly identical” numbers.

58% of the contributions going to support the candidates, and 42% going to support their party.

I don’t see a problem. I’m quite certain some of you will.

Money is like an airport runway or a penis: It’s better when it’s hard.