Some G.Q's about Lucifer/Satan.

postcards:

There were two fruits in the ol’ Garden: one conveyed the knowledge of good and evil (that’s the one they ate from) and the other, which they did not get to, conveyed eternal life.

2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

It was the latter, the tree of knowledge, that God commanded that they should not eat:

2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

God was lying His ass off. And when they did eat, God felt a little threatened:

3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

:dubious:

Seems we could have been saved lots of blood and gore…

But God didn’t permit Himself to forgive us for eating the wrong fruit until he’d let lots of years and floods and wars go by. Either that or He was procrastinating. If I had to be my own son long enough to get nailed up like that, I’d procrastinate too.

But one does wonder if it wouldn’t have made a lot more sense to munch out on the other fruit of the other tree first and only then check out the forbidden one…