OK, here’s the sitch.
- I have a laptop. It contains a 290GB hard drive.
- I have used this for my media storage and work machine.
- Currently iTunes is using 210GB of space
- I now have less than 3MB of free space
- Performance is degrading.
- I have a 1TB external HD
- I have copied my entire ‘iTunes’ directory to it (elapsed time = 4 hours)
I would like to repoint my iTunes software to that external for all purposes and then delete the folder on my hard drive.
How do I do so? Can anyone give me a quick overview? I am reluctant to do so without advice lest I render all of my media files unusable somehow.