From George Jones’ “Same Ole Me”
With time my face has wrinkled
but my blue eyes still sparkle
With the love I felt for you the day we met
Where “twinkle” instead of “sparkle” would actually rhyme.
From George Jones’ “Same Ole Me”
With time my face has wrinkled
but my blue eyes still sparkle
With the love I felt for you the day we met
Where “twinkle” instead of “sparkle” would actually rhyme.
[QUOTE=Colophon]
See post #84 in this thread. Not sure if I’m being whooshed, but it’s not a woman.
[/QUOTE]
That’s a guy singing?
Er, Mr. Blunt? I think I may have some insight into why your girlfriend left you.
I read the news today, oh boy. The British army had just won the war.
Corrosion of Conformity had a great metal song a while back “Clean my Wounds” with the lines “help me jesus , help me clean my wounds/He said he cannot heal **that ** kind”. Now if the line had been “he said he cannot heal MY kind”, you would have had a great dual meaning with the “my kind of wound, or my kind of person”- a reprobate who God refuses to help.
[QUOTE=Manatee]
He sings “When at last I am given my due” (that is, once I’ve been given proper respect). It has nothing to do with money.
[/QUOTE]
I know that is what he means, but he very clearly says “dues.” My kids listen to this song a lot. Not to mention that it bugged me the very first time I heard it.
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Listening to the Beatles’ Love last night, while detangling Michaela’s hair, I fastened my attention on the lyrics to “Lady Madonna”. There were several references to the notion of lots of children wondering what might be the source of their mother’s income.
Bzzzzt! Children never wonder about where their parents get the money to finance their lifestyle. In fact, they’re noted for not having a scintilla of curiosity about it.
[/QUOTE]
Hee hee. Sing it, brutha.
[QUOTE=Diceman]
That’s a guy singing?
Er, Mr. Blunt? I think I may have some insight into why your girlfriend left you.
[/QUOTE]
Hey, that’s a trained killer from the British Army you’re talking about!
You’re right though, he does sound like he just sat on his scrotum