Song lyrics that make you go "Wait, what?"

I’m pretty sure he’s talking about masturbation.

:eek:
Not odd in the least! They are in a drug lab that is about to be raided, and are trying to get themselves, and all their stuff, out and away as quickly as possible. Of course they want to be sure that there is gas in the car. Have you even heard the rest of the song?

Here are the lines in context:
Clean this mess up else we’ll all end up in jail.
Those test tubes and the scales, just get it all out of here.
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there’s gas in the car.
I think the people down the hall know who you are.
Careful what you carry,
'Cause the man is wise,
You are still an outlaw in their eyes.
There is nothing there that is even metaphorical or ambiguous. It all makes perfect, literal and rational sense.

“Sun-kissed skin so hot, it’ll melt your popsicle”

Wow, that must be hot. You know what else melts popsicles?

ANYTHING!

Well, not that I’m endorsing the quality of the song, but this does at least make sense to me: the singer is feeling bad that he screwed over his friend, and can’t enjoy going out and partying because of that. I refuse to remember enough of the lyrics to think about why the singer is feeling guilty, though.

yeah, but she’s not talking about real popsicles. It’s just an excuse to show her (or imagine her) licking something long and cylindrical and getting sticky juice all over.

On my own.
Here we go.

– Green Day

One of my favorite songs, the Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her
Why, oh why, did she have to leave and go away?

I always want to explain to the poor guy that she couldn’t very well leave and stay.

A classic of the genre.

“Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man
Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had”

From some song by the Back-Eyed Peas:

I’ll play Bobby
You be Whitney

The context seems to be a love song, though. Is that really the metaphor you want?

I’ve always thought it should be heard as,
Why, oh why, did she have to leave (me) and go away (leave town)?.
Otherwise with all the people he (and presumably she) knows, he’d know where she was at least, right?

CMC fnord!

I think The Who’s “Baba O’Reily” qualifies. Because there are so few lyrics, it is hard to quote the non-sequitur without quoting almost the whole lyric (which I guess I shouldn’t do), but it starts off about working hard in the fields, and not needing to be forgiven, and then segues into what seems to be totally unrelated stuff about “teenage wasteland” and traveling south.

And, of course, there is no apparent relationship between the cryptic title (even when you know what it is alluding to)* and the lyrics.

*Actually, even after reading the Wikipedia entry on the song, I still do not know why it is **O’**Riley.

Love the song, though.

I saw The Who a few years ago. Townshend prefaced the song by saying, “I can assure you, we have no idea what it means.”

Oh, really?

Chris Brown has a really strange one in his song “Deuces”:

“Like Tina did to Ike in the limo, it finally hit me.”

:confused:

He’s referring to the Tina Turner biopic “What’s Love Got to Do With It?”. A pivotal scene takes place in a limosine where Ike Turner takes off his cowboy boot and starts hitting Tina with the heel; she has had enough, and fights back for the first time (she finally hit him).

Lil’ Wayne:

Swagger tighter than a yeast infection,
Fly go hard like geese erection.

The phrase “There’s a cold kinetic heat…” from “Manic” (Michael Sembello, from Flashdance) sounds like stringing random words together.

I was not aware of that particular incident. Thanks for setting me straight!

I guess that leaves me with Oasis’ immortal “Walking slowly down the hall, faster than a cannonball.”

And strangely enough, most of them are also by Ke$ha.