“Don’t Stand So Close to Me” by the Police always makes me think of Oleanna even though one has nothing to do with the other (other than being vaguely related by subject matter).
[QUOTE=Equipoise]
That was written specifically for the movie. John Hughes sent her the scene where Kevin Bacon was waiting in the hospital waiting room and she wrote the song for it. In retrospect, it’s amazing she did that. Unless my brain is too tired and I’m forgetting something, the only other music she’s ever written for hire was “Be Kind To My Mistakes” for the Oliver Reed movie Castaway (not to be confused with the Tom Hanks movie Cast Away) and a series of short musical cues for Fruitopia commercials.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, I did not know that (obviously). It just seemed too strange to imagine Kate Bush writing such a lovely song for a John Hughes movie.
Paint it Black - Full Metal Jacket
Let’s Get it on - High Fidelity (Jack Black sings it in the movie but when I hear any version, I think of High Fidelity)
Speaking of Jack Black, “Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes” from Shallow Hal.
Everytime I hear Sussudio by Phil Collins, I think of American Psycho. I’m pretty sure Phil Collins in general has weird, violent undertones for me now.
[ul]
[li]Unchained Melody- Ghost[/li][li]Jingle Bell Rock- Lethal Weapon[/li][li]Twist and Shout- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off[/li][li]Iko Iko- Rain Man[/li][li]Bohemian Rhapsody- Wayne’s World[/li][/ul]