Songs which always remind you of a specific scene in a movie or TV show.

Theme songs don’t count, nor does anything composed specifically for that movie or TV show.

Hitchen’ a Ride by Vanity Fair always reminds me of that scene in Now and Then where the girls find the Wormer boys skinnydipping and steal their clothes, making them run after naked. I was 10 when I first saw that movie; it let to a lasting crush on Devon Sawa.

Mad World by Tears for Fears always reminds me of the ending of Donnie Darko. And finally I can’t listen to Bob Dylan’s All Along The Watchtower
without thinking of the season 3 finale of Battlestar Galactica, Crossroads.

It’s basically impossible for me to hear “Stuck in the Middle with You” without thinking of that scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Somewhat showing my age here (though the movie came out 6 years before I was born) but the song would be As Time Goes By from Casablanca. And in case you’re wondering if it meets the criteria the song was originally from the 1932 Broadway show “Everybody’s Welcome”.

The Cars song (don’t know the name) from the Judge Reinhold masturbation scene in “Fast Times At Ridgemont High.”

Joe

Tom Petty’s “American Girl” invariably brings to mind the abduction scene from “The Silence of the Lambs.”

Tarantino movies are great for this. I heard Chuck Berry’s “You Never Can Tell” on the radio the other day, and immediately thought about John Travolta and Uma Thurman in the dance contest.

You never can tell, written by Chuck Berry, one of my all time favorite songs from my early years.

Used in Pulp Fiction by Tarantino. I’ll never hear it without thinking “Pulp Fiction.”

Edit: Curses!! Foiled by Mortiss

Snow Patrol, “Chasing Cars” in the finale of Grey’s Anatomy. Increased the sadness tenfold. What is that saying, ‘amazing, the power of ‘cheap’ music’.
I can’t listen to Snow Patrol while driving, ever since, I start tearing up something awful.

Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes” = John Cusack w/ boombox in “Say Anything”.

Also I usually think of that napalm / firebombing scene in “Good Morning Vietnam” whenever I hear Louis Armstrong’s “What A Wonderful World”.

“I’ve Had the Time of My Life” (from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack) always reminds me of a Simpsons episode. At halftime of a Springfield University football game, there’s a halftime show that’s a tribute to halftime shows. The song goes, “I’ve had the halftime of my life, and I owe it all to S.U.”

I don’t know which scene it was from, but every time I hear Black Betty by Ram Jam it makes me want to watch Blow.

Van Morrison’s “Moondance” and the shower/love scene between the two main characters (David and stunning English nurse Alex) in the original version of “An American Werewolf In London”.

So utterly sensual, between Van’s sublime, sophisticated sound on that particular song, and the film choreography featuring two very good looking actors, who looked like they were an actual couple, coming together sexually for the very first time.

One of the hottest on-screen pairings I have ever seen, and Van’s music captures the mood perfectly…

Carmina Burana,* Excalibur.
Beethoven’s 3rd or 6th symphony, third movement, a funeral march,* Zardoz.*

Once upon a time Richrd Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries was a great, bombastic piece of music. Now it’s irretriebably tied to the helicopter scene Apocalypse Now (and, through that, to the similar scene in watchmen.0

I doubt anyone who watched The Sopranos will ever hear “Don’t Stop Believin’” without thinking of the bizarre and controversial last scene of the show.

Perhaps one of the first uses on TV of a classical piece of music—The 1949 TV version.

HI YO, Silver. The Lone Ranger rides again. William Tell Overture.

The extended piano coda for Layla and all of the bodies being discovered in various places in Goodfellas

Chantilly Lace and the phone booth sex scene in True Romance.

I live in the same town and about a half mile from where that scene was filmed.
http://offthebroiler.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/nj-dining-holstens/

Moving In Stereo

Goodfellas is chock full of song/scene associations. I can’t hear Donovan’s “Atlantis” or Harry Nilsson’s “Jump Into the Fire” without thinking of the Billy Bats beatdown or a paranoid coked-up Henry Hill driving around while being stressed about helicopters watching him and making sure the sauce is being stirred.

The Sundays cover of “Wild Horses” reminds me of Reese Witherspoon getting her pearl twirled on a roller coaster in Fear.