Songs with addresses in them.

“Alfredo’s” by ALL. The whole song is a tribute to their favorite Mexican restaurant, and includes the line:

1733 Pacific Coast Highway, in Lomita, 90717…534-9924 - give 'em a call!

My friend Charlie and I did just that, and went and ate there based solely on the information in the song. :slight_smile:

I’m going to stick to specific addresses, but I’m assuming that squares and smallish parks are specific places. If you get in a taxi, and say, “Take me to _____,” she’ll know where it is. NYC’s Central Park is out, because it’s huge.

Sonny Landreth sings (approximately) that he don’t believe in Voodoo, but he says a prayer when he hears the drums on Congo Square. (New Orleans)

Is Lincoln (Linkin) Park in Chicago too big to be an address?

Johnny Cash sang about Folsom Prison.

In My Kind Of Town, Frank Sinatra sang of the Wrigley Building.

Frank Zappa had several songs mentioning El Monte Legion Stadium.

Lonnie Mack sang about getting locked up in the Cincinnati Jail.

Not specific addresses, but:

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out - Bruce Springsteen

And in You Don’t Mess Around With Jim by Jim Croce, Big Jim Walker is “the king of 42nd street.”

And in The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle, the singer finds some comfort from “the whores on 7th Avenue.”

They say the neon lights are bright on BROADWAY!

42nd Street is the name of a whole musical.

There are a lot of places that could match U2’s title Where The Streets Have No Name. (Which someone I knew used to claim, non-facetiously, referred to Manhattan, where the streets are numbered, and hence “have no name”. What a numbskull.)

Bobby Russell - 1432 Franklin Pike Circle Hero

“He’s the 1432 Franklin Pike Circle hero
And you can see him every weekend with a carful of kids and sno-cones
The people 'cross town don’t know his name but on Franklin Pike Circle he’s king
The 1432 Franklin Pike Circle hero…”

The song I Buy the Drugs by Electric Six has a PO box number.
PO Box 900
Los Angeles, California 90212

And Sir Mix-a-Lot has a phone number in his song Baby Got Back: “Dial 1-900-MIXALOT, and kick them nasty thoughts”.

There’s a swingin’ town I know called … Capital City
people stop and scream hello in … Capital City
It’s the kind of place that makes a bum feel like a king
And it makes a king feel likes
some nutty, cukoo super-king

It’s against the law to frown in…Capital City
You’ll caper like a stupid clown when you chance to see…
4th street and D

REO Speedwagon: 157 Riverside Avenue

Happytown by Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer:
Here in the shining city
Here in the endless summer
Here in the cave of wonder
Number 92.*

The Bears - 117 Valley Drive

Peter Gabriel told us the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

Somebody already said it, sorry.

I don’t know if that’s true or not. However, last time I was in East Saint Louis, Illinois, almost all the street corners had no signs at all. A cat on the other side of the river laughed and said they’d all been stolen.

Oh, and let’s not forget the TV theme song, 77 Sunset Strip.

**Winchester Cathedral ** is a real place somewhere, I guess.

Does

“our house in the middle of our street”

count ?

The Television Personalities would say what Syd Barrett’s address was when they performed “I Know Where Syd Barrett Lives” live.

Harry Partch’s “Barstow” contains presumably real addresses transcribed from hitchhiker grafitti:

*Go to 530 East Lemon Avenue in Monrovia for an easy handout.

Marie Blackwell. Age 19. Brown eyes, brown hair, considered pretty. 118 East Ventura Street, Las Vegas, Nevada. Object: matrimony.

Hoping to get the hell out. Here’s my name: Johnny Reinwald, 915 South Westlake Avenue, Los Angeles.*

Well, Gerry Rafferty hung out on Baker Street:

And Simon and Garfunkel hung out on Bleeker Street:

Maybe he saw Jethro Tull there, because thewy have a 16-minute song called “Baker St. Muse”