Songs you like by bands/artists you don't

When I was little I used to rollerskate to a song called “Abracabra”. I really liked that song.

Fast-forward to when I was 18. My then-boyfriend had the Steve Miller Band tape and played it over and over. I got so damn sick of Steve Miller.

One day I was watching old videos and the one for “Abracabra” came on. By…

The Steve Miller Band.

(I still like that song though.)

Oh, and another one that your post reminded me of. This has got to be one of the poster children for this topic: “Summer of '69” by Brian Adams.

I may as well admit this…

I don’t typically listen to top 40 type stuff… when I do hear it I’m usually like… not for me…

But every so often, a song sneaks through, and I dig it. I can’t explain it.

The one that I feel best exemplifies this phenomenon

Wannabe by The Spice Girls

I guess I just really wanna zigga zag ah

Livin’ La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Man on the Moon - REM

“Rolling in the Deep” by Adele

Two more for me – “Uneasy Rider” by Charlie Daniels, and “Closer to Home” by Grand Funk Railroad. (For fans of those artists, those are probably the only songs of theirs that they don’t like.)

Creep by Radiohead… it is not coincidence it’s the one song they hate more than anything.
Viva La Vida by Coldplay

Fly Like An Eagle, Steve Miller Band. Can’t stand anything else they’ve done.

Major Tom, Peter Schilling

Holding Back The Years, Simply Red and their great cover of *All I Need Is The Air That I Breathe *

I’m Not In Love, 10cc

La Isla Bonita - Madonna

That’s Alright, Mama - Elvis Presley

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

“Pretty Maids all in a Row”, The Eagles. One of their only songs that let Joe Walsh shine as Joe Walsh, and not turn the final arrangement into overproduced vanilla mush.

Also agree with “Touch of Grey”, Grateful Dead. Somehow its higher production value and conventional structure gave it more energy and toe-tapping pep than their other music, which feels lethargic and monotonous to me.