Sony fucking sucks. I want my money back on my PSP.

Well…

“Security updates” is code for “Oh shit, people are developing their own PSP games without buying expensive development licenses! Do they think they own their PSPs or something? Shut 'em down!”

I dunno, it seems like it’d be easy to duplicate the touch screen with a mouse.

No - no, it’s not. It’s an entirely different experience that provokes an entirely different response from the user. The closest example would be duplicating the experience with a touch-screen computer monitor, and nobody really has those.

I have just been pricing out a Touchscreen equiped laptop, such as the Panasonic CF27 Toughbook .

Didn’t you know that Sony is part of a conspiracy to get you to go play outside in the fresh air?

It’s more like a tablet pc with a pen. It’s the difference between drawing with your mouse and drawing with a Wacom Tablet & stylus. You just don’t have the fine muscle control with the mouse that you do with a pen.

Animal Crossing DS is going to let players draw their own designs on shirts and wallpaper and then trade their designs around with other gamers over the DS Wifi network.

1up has a whole huge list of Nintendo DS games out this fall. I’m really excited about Trauma Center, Electroplankton and Age of Empires but there’s a ton of names on the list (Castlevania, Metroid Prime, Sims 2, MegaMan, Sonic …)
http://ds.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143077

This is Sony we’re talking about here. The company that seems to be schizo between their hardware people and their software people. I’m never surprised when Sony pulls something like this.

I have a similar model, and have not been impressed. The thing had to be sent back two years after getting it. Couldn’t stand up to the rigors of dorm life, apparently.