Soon be Turkey Day - a winding-down MMP

And, oh yeah, it’s not Turkey Day this year - we decided we’re having slow-cooker corned beef and cabbage. Because we can. :slight_smile:

We are having Cornish Hens, dressing, gravy, turnip greens, cranberry sauce and I think that is all. One of my employees made me a banana cream pie with some homegrown bananas I bought her.

We’re having turkey and baby back ribs. For some reason, my husband’s family considers ribs to be a Christmas treat.

The windows are open and the fresh air is making the apartment smell clean. Lunch was et. Nappage may occur or it may not.

I declare irktime over. YAY!!! In a little while I shall head over to the church house to get things done for steak night. 'Tis gloomy out. Rain is expected to begin tonight and be heavy. We could get as much as eight or nine inches of rain in the next twenty four hours. :eek:

I have no idea what I shall be feastin’ upon on Crimmus Day. I’m hopin’ it’s chikin pie cause I lurves me some chikin pie.

Well, rats - looks like we could be driving in rain all the way tomorrow, which could make for a slower trip. ugh.

Well that sucks Moooommm Y’all do be careful.

Can I still has a blurf after lunch? Not enough sleep, I think. Plus deadlines.

Raining.

Trying soylent (tm) for breakfast and lunch.  

On the up side, my traffic cone shaped cookie cutter came in.

But I may not have enough time to bake the cookies and bring them to work before everyone is off. I’m the only person not taking time off around the day.

Huzzah, huzzah! Our replacement credit cards showed up just in time! That’s a relief - having to keep track our how much was left in checking was just sooooooooooooo stressful! :smiley:

I do think it was foolish of them to send the PINs at the same time - separate envelopes, but still - dang!! Not that it really matters - we don’t use the PINs, and I think I’ll change them anyway, just because.

Still gotta pack. Higgs is being bathed so she won’t stink any more. The timer on the light works - yay! Now our house will look occupied in the evening.

Home finally. tahred.

I am getting a new toilet seat. One of ours broke so I ordered one from Amazon and was surprised to see that I could have had it gift wrapped :eek: Anyway it will be here on the 23rd. Just in time for Christmas :smiley:

Time to log off and pack. MWAH!!

yeller, will your traffic cone cookie cutter double as a Santa hat cookie cutter? :stuck_out_tongue:

I drove home and did errands in the rain. When I stopped at the pharmacy, , my copay was wayyyyy more than I had planned. It seems that my PCP wrote a script for five times as much insulin as I actually take. Since I’m on a sliding scale, it would hav been two year’s worth, 1.5 years worth after the expiration date. They kindly repackaged it in a fourth sized package.

Howdy Y’all! Home from men’s night over to the church house. A good time was had by all. There was a bigger crowd than anticipated, but it was all good as there was enough sallit, baked N.O.T., and bizkits, but da bear had to scramble to get more plates, forks, steak knives (fortunately we had enough of those), and bowls for everybody. The clean up crew was right on spot as well, so as we left everything was cleaned up and the dishwasher was doin’ its thang. Mayhaps I shall be gentleman enough and make a trip over tomorrow and empty the dishwasher so that those who are there for the Christmas Eve brunch won’t have to do so.

In other news, the rain is almost upon us and it looks like a very soggy Tuesday, Wednesday, and into Thursday time for us, but with much warmer temps. MOOOOOOM it does indeed look like it’ll be rain for y’all all the way to Flahrduh. Y’all be safe!

I shall now go check out a couple other things on teh intartoobz and then call it a night.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

Your supplies ALWAYS get damaged? That sounds fishy to me. Maybe you angered someone at F&M and they are doing it on porpoise. :smiley:

I’ve fired rubber chickens out of my mortar ----- I could be talked into getting something capable of launching someone/something else. We could take turns re-enacting History of the World Part I and yelling “PULL”!

Good evening everyone.

If you get a chance watch the Space X launch from tonight and see the world change. They managed to safely land the first stage.

I will be working a 6 day week myself, and work pretty steady, long days. Such is life working TV.

Porpoises are not fish, Dumb Ass, they are mammals, like you and I, and apparently more intelligent than you.
:dubious: Obligatory Smiley Face.

You could still bake 'em & then send 'em to me. :slight_smile:

Whale-y, that’s the best you can do?

You are a sick & twisted individual.
When are you making out my way to go drinking?

Awww, is someone being crabby?

I worked, I came home. I’m drinking a beer, and making spicey chicken stir fry forlate dinner.

I did a Cajun style Cornish Hen dinner one year(Blackened Hen, red beans and rice, green beans with ham and cornbread and jalapeno cornbread)

I now have an urge to order random, weird items from Amazon ,and have them giftwrapped.

So incorrect sea life puns make you eel?

Nah, he’s just haddock enough tonight.

I’ve occasionally wondered about the worldwide calamity that would happen if my employer shut down for Christmas break. But, since we’re what’s called a G-SIB or global systemically important bank, that’s not gonna happen.

What else isn’t gonna happen is me going to work next week.

Why is everyone floundering around?