South Texas, what should I see?

I am in Sullivan City, Texas working and I will have some time off soon, what should I see?.

Unclviny

Mexico?

Reynosa’s a popular destination for McAllenites. Wish I could offer some specific suggestions but it’s been 25 years since I lived there.

There’s a drive-in movie in McAllen. That can be a fun thing to do, especially if you’ve never been to one.

Sit in your car, staring fixedly into the hazy distance, eyes half rolled back into your head, mouth agape, drooling slightly. They’ll think you’re a local. I just spent two days in the Laredo area and am writing this from El Paso. Godforsaken shitholes, both.

Reynosa? Drive-ins? Hoooo-dawgie! South Texas shore sounds like a wild and crazy place!

I suggest you get a pickup, a shotgun, and a case of Lone Star and go out hunting highway signs. Like the locals do.

You’re pretty close to the Gulf of Mexico, I suggest you go to the beach. If you’ve never swum in the Gulf, you gotta try it… in the summertime it’s like bathwater.

The last time I was in “the valley” I saw a guy who had pulled onto the dirt road leading to the well I was working at that had overdosed (heroin?). Noticed the car sitting there,just off the paved road, when I was going to town for supplies. On my return a couple hours later there was a cop wearing latex gloves just opening the driver’s door. There was a heavyset guy, 30’s - 40’s in the driver’s seat. The cop just waved me on & I didn’t feel like asking any questions at the time, but the guys at the rig said he had OD’ed(sp?).

That and they pass on the shoulder down there. No kidding, they don’t even slow down.

Have fun :smiley:

The last time I was in “the valley” I saw a guy who had pulled onto the dirt road leading to the well I was working at that had overdosed (heroin?). Noticed the car sitting there,just off the paved road, when I was going to town for supplies. On my return a couple hours later there was a cop wearing latex gloves just opening the driver’s door. There was a heavyset guy, 30’s - 40’s in the driver’s seat. The cop just waved me on & I didn’t feel like asking any questions at the time, but the guys at the rig said he had OD’ed(sp?).

That and they pass on the shoulder down there. No kidding, they don’t even slow down.

Have fun :smiley:

Gila Monsters and Horned Toads. :cool: