Southpaws Rejoice, Today is Your Day!

I missed it.

Rats.

kicks can with left foot

I missed it too, but just as well; I’m not truly left-handed. I throw with my left but I write with my right. Oh the shame.

-Incensed, the traitorous, advantage-seeking bastard.

BTW-Of my 10 co-workers, 3.5 (the 1/2 being myself) are left-handed. Anyone else work with a particularly high concentration of southpaws?

Dag Nabbit! Screwed again!

In my job, I am amazed at how much people notice that I’m left handed. I’m a poker dealer and it does change things around for them more than I realized. (The window card is visible to the right side of the table rather than the left.)

Here I’ve been pondering for weeks the subtle ways that being left handed makes you a tad more awkward. My primary cite? My first car was a Peugot. The controls on the car were flipped, which worked out perfect for me and was an exceedingly “natural” feeling car for me. The power button on a vacuum is never where I think it will be. Blow drying my hair is an exercise in oddness.

Maybe I’m not as much of an awkward dork as I thought. Maybe it’s just my right brain being stubborn about where things should be?

My poor, poor daughter is right handed so far. I have no idea who will raise her. God knows I can’t teach her to do crap.

Aw, I can’t believe I missed this! Well, Happy Belated Lefties Day (to the probably many of you that missed it)!

When I was a baby, my parents (who are both right-handed) tried extremely hard to make me right-handed as well, the reasoning being “to make life easier for her”. Well, baby-me did not care one bit what they thought; whenever they’d put a spoon in my right hand, I either immediately switched it to the left or simply threw it at the wall. :stuck_out_tongue: