Speaking of kid's cartoon shows

I was scrolling idly and came to a visually arresting kids show called “Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir”. It intrigued me just enough that I looked it up on Wiki. I have to say, if kids can follow the story in real time I tip my hat to them and will never joke about kids’ shortened attention spans these days. Does anybody follow this show?

I’ve watched enough of it to mostly understand what’s happening. I could explain, but it would have many spoilers.

My sister was/is real into this Ladybug superhero show from like 2019 to present day, and has watched all the episodes, probably more than once. I sat through part of one and thought it sucked.

She’s a freshman in college now.

~Max

I watched a couple of episodes on a trip to Barcelona because it was one of the only English-language shows on the hotel TV. It seemed like pretty standard “villain-of-the-week” magical girl stuff, except her power of MacGyvering together a way to beat the bad guy was a bit unusual.

this show has hit every major kids network at various points …its ok but I think marathons earlier stuff was better tho

An interesting show. I’ve seen the three seasons that are on Netflix and the show just finished its 4th season. It skews towards a slightly younger audience than current Marvel or DC animated shows. It’s basically a cross between a magical-girl anime and an old school superhero show, drawing heavily on Silver Age Spider-Man. The catchy opening is here.

It’s a show that seems much more popular in Europe and Latin America than it is in the U.S. IIRC, when it debuted, it had the highest per episode cost ever for a CGI animated kid’s show and it shows.

At the start it’s very much a villain-of-the-week show, slowly adding depth and continuing story elements but not well into the second season. I hear the fourth season shakes things up a lot.

I like the fact that the show is unabashedly French. You see pretty much every landmark in Paris if you watch enough episodes and I like that the didn’t Anglicize the French names, so the main characters remain Marinette and Adrien and not, say, Mary and Adam.