Speculate on the CIA's long-range plans for dealing with Russia?

One final time: I was not arguing I was making an observation. One can make an observation without being in an adversarial debate.

Okay.

it’s a very small part of your “observation,” but I’m merely pointing out how irrelevant it is to whatever you’re saying. No one is stating that a majority is necessary, or even useful, to the discussion. Perhaps I’m simply noting a redundancy in your post, as if you had asserted that Putin has not tried to defy the law of gravity in Ukraine.

Japan has an active claim to only the 4 Kurils closest to Japan. South Sakhalin is off the table.

Mongolia and Tuva are still depending on that Russian guarantee. Especially Mongolia.

According to this map, only the Republic of China (Taiwan) still maintains claims to the Amur left bank, Outer Mongolia, Tuva, or even Tajikistan/Afghanistan/Pakistan. So when Taiwan takes over mainland China, they might get a chance to start something. The PRC already signed away the 64 villages on the Amur. They have no current claims on Russian territory.

Lithuania could conceivably have a valid claim to Kaliningrad, but the Lithuanian government has officially said they don’t want it. It’s all full of Russians. (Why go looking for trouble?)

The real active sore points with Russia are Abkhazia, Southern Ossetia, Transnistria, Donetsk, and Luhansk. That’s where I’d expect anything to go down if it did.