Spiking up the front of my hair without gel.

Based on that picture, 1. You are quite good-looking, but your expression is a bit off-putting.

1. A little gel would look good.

2. You can still respect your parents while disagreeing with / disobeying some minor rules. Probably best to do so quietly, without making a big deal about it.

Brill Cream. A little dab’ll do ya.

And damn, but I was ninja’ed right out of the gate with There’s Something About Mary. :slight_smile:

What you need is hair wax. I don’t think there’s anything bad in most brands, just check ingredients.

Then, what you should do with it, is use it to “muss” your hair. The wax will give it a matte finish, not shiny. Shiny is out; matte is in. So don’t spike it up, just put a bit of wax on and mash your hair around. Excellent, very cool effect.

I forget what my profile pic is but maybe it’s like that.

If everything is a chemical, then the term ‘chemical’ is simply useless. Why do we even have such a word?

Except it doesn’t seem to be useless - because companies like this one exist.

The ‘everything is a chemical’ argument is dumb at best.

Hair wax or putty and yes it would look good.

If I walked into a room and said, “Ew! What’s that chemical smell?” you’d probably know what I meant. If someone told me that they won’t eat anything with chemicals in it, I’d probably tell them something like, “You’re going to have to be more specific - do you not eat anything with preservatives in it? Is that what you mean?” because “chemical” is indeed a very generic word, but we can still use it in some contexts to convey meaning. I don’t think AU’s parents are using it very well.

Get Wildroot Cream Oil, Charlie…it keeps your hair in trim.

Aloe gel . It’s totally organic. It doesn’t smell of anything. And it works. You can also use to make insect bites stop itching and as a shaving gel.

I’m a Dapper Dan man!

Yes. Moving your hair up will perk up your look.

Example. Example. Example (I think what tapu was getting at, or this. )

Do something. I think your hair style is super high-school-typical. If you do a google image search “short hair styles for men” your style doesn’t come up at all until way down the page, and even there it’s more like this guy who does have some product going on (and a better cut) or this guy who is “toussled”.

Greenie punks I know who spike their hair use one the following:
Beeswax or a beeswax/vaseline mix (also makes a good moustache wax)
Egg white
Sugar Water
Soap (the cheap laundry kind, not perfumed bath soaps, mixed with enough water to make a stiff paste)

All except the wax require you to blow-dry the hair into the spikes. Wax you can do with your fingers, no heat. And only works well if you’re not in Florida.

No, no. Leave your hair the way it is and spike your eyebrows.

I agree. I just think that (quoted in my previous post) specific form of counterargument is boneheaded.

Yeah, for when that old guy down the street masturbates you.

Just avoid the all combed forward thing. Muss it up. Not spiked just in the front, but definitely get the not-bangs off your forehead and have some fun with it. What others say, with something that just gives soft texture like pomade/hair wax, not gel. And, you know, loosen up the dour face, you’re a normal looking dude!

your example, example, example–perfect!