Spoil the end of Kill Bill 2 for me

I watched the first Kill Bill movie, and part 2, up to the point where the Bride(Beatrice) finds Bill and her daughter. Bill explains what he told the little girl about Mommy, and then Beatrice and the girl are left to watch a movie in the little girl’s room.

At this point I went to sleep on the couch, during the commercial.

So, what happened? I want to know, basically, who died, or didn’t die. I’ll be really peeved if the little girl dies, although judging by how Bill might have raised her I would be surprised(but not TOO surprised) if the kid offed her mom.

Bill is killed.

I don’t blame you for falling asleep. As good as *KB1 *was, *KB2 *was a boring talk-fest.

Basically, the ending lived up to the title.

The ‘Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique’ is field tested…

IIRC, there’s still a good 20-25 minutes after that point but, as indicated, not a whole lot really happens and it’s almost entirely talking.

She goes down stairs and Bill holds her at gun point and shoots her with truth serum. Bill yammers on about how he and Kiddo are both killers and nothing they can do will change that and how much of a bitch she was for leaving him like that and letting him think she’d gotten wacked and then inquires why she left. She then yammers on about how she found out she was pregnant and that she didn’t want her kid to grow up in that environment. They have a disappointingly short fight of about five seconds which is ended with the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique then Bill walks five steps while she cries. She leaves with her daughter. Roll Credits.

For a Tarantino movie the ending is pretty much a suck-fest. And besides the buried alive scene and removal of Darry Hannah’s eyeball the rest was a boring talk fest.

Thanks for the replies! I really thought the little girl might kill someone, but am glad to find out she didn’t.

I wonder what Beactrice told her about why she killed Daddy, later on, but I wouldn’t want a whole KB3 to find out.

Inglourious Basterds is a fine example of what you can accomplish with just dialogue. Kill Bill 2 isn’t.

Followed soon thereafter by the Noose and Palm Exploding Heart Technique

You are breaking my heart. Can you tell me what you thought of Kill Bill?

Bill dies. Quentin Tarantino is infinitely overrated.

I’ll go against the grain here and say that I rather liked the ending and thought the dialog was brilliant. I love QT’s dialog.

Bill explains why Superman is his favorite comic book hero. Guys like Batman and Spiderman are ordinary people who have to put on a costume to transform into their alter egos. Superman already has super powers, and has to disguise himself to transform into an ordinary guy. Beatrix is like that – a born killer who was trying to pass herself off as a soccer mom.

I’m with you. I’m a total fangirl for the Kill Bill movies. I think it’s a great film, from the first second of I to the last second of II. Sure, I’ll admit that Tarantino’s a god and can do no wrong in my eyes, but really, if dialogue is a problem for people, shouldn’t they should stick to 2012/Twilight-type movies and stay away from Tarantino? Tarantino’s whole thing is all about dialogue. Whatever you do, stay far away from Jackie Brown.

The dialog in Jackie Brown didn’t put me to sleep; it was funny and poignant. The dialog in KB2, not so much…TRM

I’m a big QT fan, and watch KB I every chance I get…but KB II just never clicked with me. Without ever having seen many examples of either, perhaps I like Hong Kong chposockey movies (inspiration for I) better than spaghetti westerns (inspiration for II).

Pulp Fiction dialogue- Awesome
Jackie Brown dialogue- Great
Inglorious Basterds dialogue- Awesome
Kill Bill 2 final scene dialogue- zzzzz…

I agree. I savor every word in his movies.

Though I must say that Inglorious Basterds got a little tedious for me.

I’m right there with you on this. I think it helps if you (the generic you) approach the Kill Bills as two completely different movies, one only slightly related to the other. I think a lot of people who expected KB2 to be more KB1 might have been disappointed, but enough time had passed for me by the time I saw 2 that I didn’t make that much of a comparison.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t dislike it, I just thought it was a little dragged out. It just seemed kind of backwards to me to put so much story at the end of it all and not in front of the action, so while it filled in the story holes, it was still anti-climatic because I really expected an epic battle between the two of them and it was just over too quickly.

See, I like how he explained it, but I was bothered by his comparing it to Batman. Yes, Superman was born Superman, but he “became” Superman just as much as Batman or Spider-man became heres by coming to Earth; had he stayed on Krypton, he wouldn’t have been Superman, though I guess that sort of fits. But the real reason it bothered me is because the way I’d always viewed Batman was exactly how he described Superman putting on the costume. When Batman is by himself or with people who know he’s Batman, he’s Batman, and Bruce Wayne is just there as a cover. I think his point is still mostly valid, I just felt like he overstated the unicity of Superman, especially since I think Superman is much more like Clark Kent than Batman is like Bruce Wayne.

Agreed. I have a framed poster of Uma Thurman in a samurai pose with her wedding dress, that’s how much I loved these movies. I don’t usually care for over-the-top violence, but something about the Kill Bill movies just makes me high. Kiddo is such a hardcore unapologetic badass and there are some bitchin’ martial arts scenes. Volumes I and II are very different from one another, but both perfect IMO.