Sports competition ideas that were so unpopular they were dropped almost immediately

It’s actually pretty tough (close to impossible) for away fans to get tickets let alone anywhere other than in their designated sections for football games.

As an aside the quickest to get kicked off the grounds is to wear away colors anywhere other than the designated section.

Holy crap I haven’t even thought of that “sport” in many years.

I heard is was especially popular in SW BC.

lol sounds like bill Watterson’s “aroundball”

Well, there was Contact Cricket, where they had both teams on the field together and they could only handle the ball with lacrosse sticks and … and … and I think I have to stop eating that extra sharp cheddar before bed because that stuff gives me strange dreams.

One would be WCW in 1992 when old-timey promoter/wrestler Bill Watts took over. He banned top rope moves despite having two of the most popular flying wrestlers in the country, Brian Pillman and Jushin Liger on the roster. I think he was gone by the end of the year or soon after that and the rule was immediately reversed.

A lot of promotions most notably Memphis banned the piledriver. Not just because, regardless of cooperation between the two wrestlers, its still a dangerous move, but to sell to the fans as such and got so much heat when it was given while the ref was down.

How long did “international objects” survive?

That’s what I came to say, too. It was so obtuse, I never understood what they were trying to do.

Also, F1 banned ‘Ground Effects’ after it started killing people. I wish they would get rid of this stupid and somewhat unfair DRS system of today. I don’t and have never liked it.