Spotting Star Trek actors in other programs

Alfred “Dr Crater” Ryder as “Mob Boss Harry Quon” in the Hawaii Five-O episode “The Late John Louisiana.”

I couldn’t spot her face, but I did spot her name, when I saw Roxann Dawson’s (B’Elanna Torres, ST:VGR) directing credit on a 2017 episode of House of Cards.

Watching a DS9 episode with Kenneth Mars (The Producers, Young Frankenstein), as a village elder. I suppose that’s in the opposite direction as the OP though.

No, not at all. Other roles, before, after, during, all count. Say, Sulu in “The Green Berets”.
Thanks!

Just spotted Ron Canada, who has three ST credits, as a Federal judge and possible SCOTUS nominee in House of Cards.

A non-bald Patrick Stewart in I, Claudius:

Though distressingly the original airing of TNG (1987-1994) is now way longer ago than I, Claudius(1976) was when TNG aired, which makes zero sense. Damn linear time in this universe! (though I only watched TNG when it aired on terrestrial TV in the UK, which wasn’t until 1996)

Logan “Proconsul” Ramsey participates in a jewel exchange heist in the Hawaii Five-O episode “Ten Thousand Diamonds and a Heart.”

You guys have a problem with the colonies, or what?

Nope, its Rupert Murdoch’s fault. He spent a lot of money pushing Sky Satellite TV in the UK, and so among other things all the Fox output (which he owned of course, including the Simpsons, which I didn’t see until well into the mid 90s) and tons of other US TV was the reserve of Sky subscribers for ages. Humble proles like my family (and pretty much everyone I knew, though I actually had a solidly upper-middle class upbringing) had to wait until it ended up on regularly telly most of a decade later.

Premier league football was also the result of this period, Sky poured tons of cash into it, causing the Premier League to break away from the old first division, ushering the modern era with stupid money on salaries and transfer fees (prior to that football players in the UK earned a good, but not a millionaire salary)

Do I understand that there is a single television network in Britain?

There was for a long time (before my day). When I was a kid in the 80s and 90s there were four terrestrial (as in over the air via an aerial, is that term used in the US?) channels. Two BBC (publicly run, no commericals) channels, two commercial channels. That was all we had (and almost everyone I knew, execpt for one or two of the more well off families I knew who could afford satellite).

In the late 80s and early 90s there was a lot of competition for new satellite customers (but as kid that was like the competition between Lamborghini and Ferrari, as we were never going to get either one). As tends to be the case in the modern economy, the ended up consolidating after various mergers and bankruptcies into just one Sky, owned by Rupert Murdoch’s multinational (and so same ownership as Fox in the US)

Thanks, griffin1977. US term is “over the air” or “on air”.
Our air channels were transfered to digital, and I’ve never been able to receive them in the homes I’ve lived in. Most people here use cable, which is far too expensive for my taste, $200 a month. C Band (large antenna) satellite was a good thing, I enjoyed it immensley, so Motorola shut it down because not enough of us gave them money. The 5 Gig wireless was given the C band frequency by the Federal Communications Commision, damn it.

I remember hearing “aerial” back in the 1950s, but I think it’s long been superseded by “antenna,” unless this is just a regional thing (I grew up in Minnesota). My dad was at that time working as a TV repairman (he had served in the US Army Signal Corps in WWII.)

The first time I came to Canada for a six-month stay was in 2008–2009. TV in the province of Ontario (maybe the entire country; I don’t remember) was just about to go digital. People everywhere were leaving their perfectly good analog sets out on the curb to be collected as trash. (They could have kept working with adapters.)

The three places I’ve rented since used mostly cable. One of my landladies had satellite service for a while but switched back to cable because there were too many interruptions.

I had satellite service for a while in Moscow (the signal was relayed by the TV tower in Ostankino). I gave it up because the receiver on the roof of my high-rise kept getting stolen.

John de Lancie (“Q”) as “Plastic Surgeon Albert Levinson” in the Matlock episode “The Haunted.”

John Anderson ("‘Survivor’ Kevin Uxbridge") as “Gen Earl Rigney” in the Hawaii Five-O episode “To Kill Or Be Killed.”

Roger C Carmel (“Harry Mudd”) and Sabrina Scharf (“Miramanee”) as “Misha the Russian Bear” and “Nicole Fleming” in the Hawaii Five-O episode(s) “FOB Honolulu.”

Quite a few different actors with ST credits in the Jim Carrey lawyer comedy Liar Liar, which I saw last night.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ernest_Perry,_Jr.

This one showed up in my YouTube feed. Johnathan Frakes younger than you’ve ever seen him in “The White Shadow”. Jonathan Frakes in "The White Shadow" (1979) - YouTube

Arthur “Lt D’Amato” Batanides and Phillip “Col Green” Pine as “Malanesian Consul” and “Bajano” in the Hawaii Five-O episode “The Gunrunner.”

Also in this episode is George Murdock, aka “Adm JP Hanson” (TNG) and “God” (ST V).

Great find!