Spotting Star Trek actors in other programs

I caught an episode of the old series Here Come the Brides this afternoon. John Anderson was in it as a Lumber Titan, alongside Mark Lenard, David Soul, and Robert Brown, all of whom were on Star Trek.

Mark Richman, Celia Lovsky, John Anderson, and Arthur Batanides in different episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. This is another series everyone and his brother was in.

Also played the serial killer, Scorpio, in Dirty Harry.

Where are you seeing episodes of Banacek? I like that show, and it’s a great Boston time capsule.

A great Arlene Martel role is Consuelo in the “Demon with a Glass Hand” episode of *The Outer Limits". That was written ny Harlan Ellison, who also penned “City on the Edge of Forever” for Star Trek.

Amazon Prime

I feel like I shouldn’t have been the first to notice, but maybe I am . . .

Colm Meany was a fairly major character in Remarkably Bright Creatures

I just saw John Fiedler, Red Jack from Wolf in the Fold, in an early 1970s commercial for Shasta orange soda. He played a grocery store cashier, while Frankenstein’s monster, here yclept ‘Igor,’ is the customer buying the drinks for the good doctor.

Just saw a multi-part episode of Law & Order with Michael Zaslow in a small role; he was in the TOS episode “The Man Trap”.

Also in that L&O was Carolyn McCormick, Minuet from TNG.

Saturday night is War Night on the Heroes and Icons channel.

This week I watched two episodes of Combat! back-to-back. “Soldier of Fortune” had William Campbell as a GI killed in the last act. A special bonus was Wesley Lau (Lt Anderson on Perry Mason) as a German non-com. His German was remarkably good.

Two back-to-back episodes of Tour of Duty about the start of the Tet Offensive, which I vaguely remember watching back in '88 or '89.

And one B&W episode of 12 O’Clock High that was a virtual Trek-fest: Robert Lansing, Frank Overton, Glenn Corbett, Sally Kellerman, and Lou Antonio in “The Men and the Boys.”

I just saw Frank Overton and DeForest Kelly in two episodes of Perry Mason as well. Their voices made them easy to spot.

Nehemiah Persoff as the murder victim in Columbo’s “Now You See Him.”

He was also in an episode of the 70s Spiderman TV series along with William Smithers so, in one episode you had Garak and Merrick.

I forgot Tracey Walter was in Star Trek. I just saw him in Repo Man last week.

John Anderson as a Mob boss in Alfred Hitchcock Presents’ “The Old Pro” (1961).

Kathie Browne and Arlene Martel in back-to-back episodes of Perry Mason.

David Opatoshu as an insurance scammer and Paul Fix as a Mexican priest in Alfred Hitchkock Presents’ “Strange Miracle.”

I saw one the other day… and with an actor who’s probably best known for his Star Trek acting 1

Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed on Enterprise) played the role of “Harry” (the British destroyer HMS James) in the WWII movie Greyhound with Tom Hanks. I knew I recognized the voice, but it took until the credits to realize where I recognized it from.

1(unlike someone like Bruce McGill, who was far better known as D-Day in Animal House or as Jack Dalton on MacGyver.)

Ken Lynch as a police Lieutenant on The Dick van Dyke Show.

Whit Bissell as an advertising executive in Alfred Hitchkock Presents’ “Burglar Proof.”

Michael Dunne and Marianna Hill as “Miguelito Loveless” and “Belladonna” in The Wild, Wild West’s “The Night of the Bogus Bandits.”

Not a spotting, but an obit spotting. It appears that Leslie Parrish, who played Apollo’s love interest in ‘Who Mourns for Adonais?’ died sometime last year at 90, but it is just now being reported.