Spread Your Legs, Babe

I would have looked. And maybe even had a brief sexual fantasy about it.

But I woulda kept it to myself.
But that’s me. YMMV.

I already posted how I feel about it in the Pit thread, and I have to say that it’s nice to see my theory backed up.

The worst crime that Danalan seems to have commited is hanging out with people with very poor judgement.

Hello Kitty, indeed.

"Dear Penthouse: I never thought this would happen to me … "

And then I saw her laying, improbably, against my ceiling, surrounded by and wearing naught but rose petals… :smiley:

Seriously, though, as long as you don’t go to her high school’s basketball games and imagine her cheering naked just for you, I think you should be fine.

Big deal. You saw just as much as you’d see when she’s doing her cheerleader routines. She probably sticks her ass, gyrates, thrusts her hips in a sexual way, and does other sexually suggestive things.

I get tired of women wearing clothes like that then complaining when guys take a look.

Uh, he’s not a pedophile. Looks like a human action from here.

Hell, I was 16 not so long ago myself - I have tried to get into a truck wearing a mid-thigh skirt and had to watch myself.

Don’t blame him for a somewhat involuntary act that she should have known was a danger. I’m not saying I’m defending his actions - but the fault lies with all parties involved here. I wear an impossibly short skirt, someone sees my panties because it’s hiked up too far, and it’s THEIR fault? Please.

Perhaps, SanibelMan, you could use your vast knowledge of American courts of law to explain precisely what law you believe was violated by “looking lustfully at 16 year old girls”.

• Rick

I’m sure there’s a Saudi law that applies :smiley:

It’s NOT the fact that they found her attractive and accidentally saw her underwear.

It’s that they kept leering at her, and then COMMENTED on her panties, and LAUGHED at her obvious discomfort. When she said, “Are you looking up my skirt?” they should have said, 'What? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to." Even if they did.

If I wear a short skirt, it’s usually because of warm weather.

Perhaps she was clueless, and wasn’t really aware of how far up her skirt traveled. Been there, done that. (In fact, when I was in seventh grade, a picture of me from fifth grade, taken at a friend’s B-day part, surfaced. I was wearing a flowered jean skirt-and my panties were showing, because I was sitting weird, and had been unaware. A friend had snapped the picture of a group of us, unaware that my undies were showing. After getting teased a bit, my friends put it away, and instead showed a picture of all us in our school uniforms.)

But that doesn’t mean they have to intentionally LAUGH at her when she catches them.

I hope Bob finds out-and I hope he attends to these guys.
And I’m positive they won’t be allowed around his daughter.

Now I can see why Pete’s MIL feels the way she does.

Several points I feel compelled to make, some of which are amplifications of other people’s comments:

1. As a reformed redneck and a former member of the extreme lower class, I think people need to realize that this situation was a mechanical inevitability. Most of you have probably never ridden 3-across in an old truck like the one in the OP. The person in the middle is always cramped, and always has to spread their legs for the upper gears. This situation was not engineered by these two guys, it just happens.

2. I honestly don’t think this girl was ever in any real physical danger. These guys wouldn’t have hurt or wronged her in any situation. They would have wanted to, but the wouldn’t have. Hell, I want to, and I’ve never met the girl. But I wouldn’t. There’s a difference between thinking and acting.

3. The fact that this isn’t the pit prevents me from telling you just how…Harshly Judgemental I believe you all are. Woe be to you if that same harsh light you put this guy under ever be turned against you. Let he who is without dog shit on his sneaker take the first step on the white carpet!!!

4. The OP’er should consider a writing career. Excellently told story, held the payoff until the last possible moment, great detail. Don’t let the fanatics get you down, most of us humans out here realize what you were trying to convey.

Accd to the OP, she didn’t ask ‘are you looking up my skirt’ but the expression on her face showed that she had realized it. Guin, in the example you give (not really a correlary from your phrasing) you’re 11 or 12 - this girl is 16. I think that makes a big difference.

You’re right Guin, Bob will probably talk to them about this - or her parents - and one or the other will probably talk to her about her lack of discretion in choice of clothing as well.

(A month or so ago, a guy at a club said very directly to me ‘I can see your nipples’ - should I have turned red and become hugely embarrassed? Talked to my father?)

Except that a gentleman would not make the young teenage girl sit in the middle, but instead would let her have the seat next to the window so that she has more “personal space”.

I personally would sneak a look, and would enjoy the opportunity to sit next to a hot 16 year old, but I wouldn’t have commented. That’s just rude.

I’ve had to sit in the middle before like that and it was very uncomfortable.

I also think that girl knew exactly what she was doing.

But she needed to stay in the truck while Danalan went in for his beer/cherry sucker purchase and Pete bought gas in order to avoid flashing the whole gas station.

so, in addition to getting this young woman feeling totally exposed and embarassed, in a vulnerable position w/no avenue for escape with two older men who were virtual strangers to her (tho’ they were friends of her friend’s father), your friend was driving, having had ‘some’ beer and ‘needing much, much more’, but who’se MIL wouldn’t let him buy beer at her store 'cause she thought he was a low life.

got it.

The point is, Helen was naive, all right? Since when is it a crime to be naive?

Okay, she didn’t ASK them that, but for gosh sakes, since when do gentlemen take delight in making a girl totally embarassed?

The proper response would not have been, “Hello Kitty!” But, “What? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”

She was probably babbling on and on because she was nervous.

When I was sixteen, I might not have thought about my skirt riding up, or I maybe I would.

If someone said that to me NOW, at age 24, I’d probably tell them to get lost. However, this girl is sixteen, and obviously, these guys aren’t capable of acting like mature, discreet adults.

Jesus, you people are harsh to me when I haven’t had any sleep.

Whatever. No laws broken, fine. Doesn’t make it right, in my mind. I still don’t like what he did.

Maybe it makes me a knee-jerk radical feminazi in your minds, but I don’t think it’s appropriate to make comments about the underwear of a girl 25 years your junior when she’s riding in your car and you’ve just met her. Sorry if I’m way out in left field on that one.

Bow wow wow, yippie yo, yippie yay!

Nothing but a dog in heat!

When she first went in the truck she should have been offered the window seat. At the time of the gas station stop she could have stepped out and stepped back in once the purchasers have returned; or the two men could have both exited by the driver’s side.