Squarepusher: ''Brain Bug''

I’ve been listening to this song for a while now and I seem to have gotten to the point where I’m sure I’ve heard it in a movie or television show, as the backdrop to a chase scene.

Am I making this up, just because it seems like it would be a great choice for a scene like this?

I am thinking of the point about 2:00 when the percussion drops out, and the synth-cellos start up.

I’m using my allowable bump to see if I can get some action on this. Any takers?

:slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ve heard it. Does it have anything to do with the film Starship Troopers?
(there were ‘brain bugs’ in it)

I don’t think so. At least, not as a soundtrack- I recall Starship Troopers being more traditionally scored, and this is a techno-type song.

(Actually, I’m sure I’m screwing up whatever the subgenre is, to me it sounds like techno)

The song is mislabeled, and apparently is one that was given an incorrect filename and then passed around via filesharing out of control.

The song is actually by Brainbug (real name Alberto Bertapelle) and is called Nightmare (Sinister Strings Mix)

Listen to any other Squarepusher and you’ll see there’s not really any resemblence at all. It’s a really really great song though. I don’t know if it’s ever been used in a TV or movie soundtrack.

also, the subgenre you’re looking for is “Trance.” But really, techno is still a good general term for Electronica and you don’t really need to know any more than that unless you’re really into it.

:slight_smile:

Awesome. That explains why I’ve been unable to find the album that the song is on.

Off to make my fandom legitmate.