St. Practice Day. Celebrate it?

So, we went to an Irish Pub for a Guinness toast last night. A local Iriish band performed and a good time was had by all. We had Shepherd’s Pie for dinner. Then I realized it wasn’t St Patrick’s day, but a month before it.

Turns out the signage said the night was a celebration of St Practice Day which I had misread.

Anyone else ever heard of this? I’m not complaining mind you, it was a wonderful excuse for drunken revelry. :smiley:

I used to celebrate it 2 or 3 times a week.

I used to celebrate it 3 times a week before my 8:30 AM class at DePaul Univ. Here’s the pub. Jameson and a bear chaser, just like Mike Royko (to my surprise).

I’ve not seen that, but a bar in our neighborhood does a big thing in September every year for “St. Pat’s and a Half.”

You chase bears 3 times a week just for practice? Man, your a badass!:eek:

We were at The Blind Pig Saloon. Know them Little Pig?:smiley:

Used to love it. If it fell on a weekend me & friends would go for Guiness/Bloody Mary brunch, then to the parade (NYC), then various pubs for Irish music and excessive drinking. But, classic story, now I’m an old fart & it all seems a little much. My neighborhood gets overrun w/boisterous sometimes obnoxious young revelers, I’m pretty sure alot like I used to be.
Nowadays, a Clancy Brothers CD and a Jameson or three in my home and I’m good. Pretty boring!
Hey, I used to like New Year’s Eve too. Yes, get off my lawn! :smack:

For the actual St Patrick’s day, we’ll do corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for dinner. But that’s at home. I’m not about to venture out into the drunken mobs.

As for St Practice… obviously he needs more of it if he wants to make the cut. :slight_smile: