Star Wars Episode III. Revenge Of The Sith. Primer.

Speaking of wacky facial features, what’s up with Qui-Gon Jin in Clone wars? What a shnozz! (then again, when the heck did the scene he’s shown in actually happen?! Degobah? What?)

Sifo Dyas placed the order without notifying anybody else on the “good guy” side that we know of. We don’t really know who paid in the end. Did the cloners say that they had been, or still needed to be paid, in Ep2?

Just imagine what a mint condition B.Fett cloned action figure in the original shipping box would fetch. :smiley:

I still haven’t seen Clone Wars – I’ll have to get off my ass and pick up the DVD before Ep3 comes out.

Does he really have pointy teeth in it? The only pic I can find is this wee one which isn’t very helpful.

Sidious’ teeth aren’t visible in Ep1 or Ep2 – and it’s pretty clear that the major differences in Palpatine/Sidious appearance are sartorial choices, facial expression, and lighting, as his mugshot on Starwars.com shows.

There is Clone Wars season 1, on DVD. This is the new series, showing for the first time this week on cartoon network. Yes, he has some pretty messed up teeth, especially compared to Palpatine.

The picture you show isn’t the full makeup shot: just a test shot.

And are Sidious’s teeth not visible in Ep1 and 2? I thought that was ALL that was visible. But then, I can’t remember exactly.

I’m guessing the teeth thing w/ Clone Wars is a serious continuity error, then. (I’m sure George will get around to having it fixed. Sloppy SOB. :D)

If so, then Sidious is unique amongst Star Wars characters in being shown in an “unfinished” state in the Starwars.com ‘databank.’ (The mugshots are often publicity stills with portrait studio lighting, but they are uniformly representative of the character – there are no revealing omissions. I thought that there was one exception to this – Deathstick peddlar Elan Sleazebaggano. (That’s right, his name’s Sleazebaggano – a new low.) Anyway, the “behind the scenes” tab says "Literature that includes pictures of the actor without the CG antennae explains away their absence by noting that the flexible extremities could be concealed under hair. " Cheap, but whaddya gonna do?

There’s no additional make-up in the movie still of Sidious, just the sinister atmospheric lighting and the holo effect added in post-production. You don’t see his teeth because the scene is top-lit, and they’re in deep shadow, like his eyes.

No, it isn’t stupidly obvious. It’s just plain obvious. Lucas has never tried to keep it a secret from those who know Star Wars and are paying attention to the prequels. And the simple fact that this thread exists shows that some people were not.

And the Clone Wars cartoon takes precedence over the actual movies? The movies in which Sidious and Palpatine are played by the exact same actor and they look completely identical (who’da thunk that someone would look like themself, huh)?

I stand corrected. Excellent point. (you too, Larry.)

And having just seen Chapter 25 of Clone Wars … I now actually WANT to see Ep. 3–the animated series has made me forget all of my dread, completely.

Actually, I think Kit Fisto is worse. We’re just one step away from characters named after kinky sex acts, kids…

Oh, come on!

That fine tradition was established with Han Solo and Leia Organa. :smiley:

I guess it is just Clone War’s mistake from looking at that still. Still, it wouldn’t be too surprising to find that Palpatine uses some sort of method to cover up some sort of decay-induced nastiness. I mean, this is a guy who in Empire was played by an old woman with an organutan’s eyes. :slight_smile:
Otherwise, what’s the big deal about seeing him without his hood?

Nothing much. Just a bald headed guy with red eyes, wrinkly face and bad teeth. I actually prefer the hooded look.

Slight correction. The Jedi Council are bound to the Senate, not to the Chancellor. This is the case even after the expansion of the Chancellor’s authority. This is an important distinction in both the Episode III Audio Book and in the Graphic Novel, I assume it will be a factor in the movie.

Thank God someone finally put that into clear language. I saw Ep II with four certified geeks, I have an actual college degree, and when we left, no one knew the political plot of that movie.

Lucas has simply lost his movie mind.

I don’t know that the plot is bad or too confusing. It’s the really acting that was painful, and the lack of a real Han Solo character/talent. The characters are either too clinical, or too goofy, with no dashing hero to follow other than Anakin, who sucked as a child and sucks as a adolescent as well.